Formula 1 Talk

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
F1 should just broadcast Yuki’s radio for the whole race.
Yuki needs to go back to his anger management classes. A driver as good as Danny Ric really pushes him over the edge. Sadly…

What a fantastic race!!! Hope Max can keep up this synergy with RB. It’s beautiful to watch 💃 🤤
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Yuki needs to go back to his anger management classes. A driver as good as Danny Ric really pushes him over the edge. Sadly…

What a fantastic race!!! Hope Max can keep up this synergy with RB. It’s beautiful to watch 💃 🤤
Nah, Yuki was right. He was right behind the Haas, trying to overtake. Ric didn't do any better. The team order was bullshit. But, there's a Ferrari guy in charge now, so awful strategy is expected. The right thing to do was for Ric to give the position back on the last lap since he couldn't make the pass.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
Nah, Yuki was right. He was right behind the Haas, trying to overtake. Ric didn't do any better. The team order was bullshit. But, there's a Ferrari guy in charge now, so awful strategy is expected. The right thing to do was for Ric to give the position back on the last lap since he couldn't make the pass.
The dive-bomb after(?) the race was childish though.

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si

What the F are you talking about? That was not a "fantastic" race. It was crap, Max was gone after one lap, no incidents to bring the pack back together, the second half of the race there was basically no passes done on track from the top 10. It was incredibly boring, and while it's great for Max and RB fans, the rest of the fans are bored to death.

I'm now fully on RB getting a new driver that can actually keep up with Max and maybe just maybe bring some much needed excitement to the first place race.

It's going to be a long season if this is what we get to see week in week out.

And I know people state, well Mercedes were dominate for a long time. They were, but not to this level. You never saw a season where Lewis won 85% of the races, and Mercedes 95% of races. There were at least some other teams winning and challenging for the leads on a regular basis. The complete lack of competition for Max is just so boring. It's like watching an NBA team play middle schoolers. How is that enjoyable.

And this isn't me saying that I want the FIA to change things to make it more competitive, no I'm stating some internal competition would be welcomed. Of course other teams are responsible to get their cars and drivers closer to Max and the lead.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You never saw a season where Lewis won 85% of the races, and Mercedes 95% of races.
You're wrong. Nothing new there. Guess you weren't around in 2016 when Mercedes won 19 out of 21 races, and would've won 20, if Hamilton didn't yeet himself and Rosberg off in Barcelona.

Hamilton hasn't won as much in a season, because he's simply not THAT much better than his teammates. Bottas is nothing better than Perez, but Bottas managed to get plenty of poles and wins over Hamilton.

Everyone goes on about how Hamilton had stronger teammates, but he didn't win a title against any of them. Not against Alonso, and not against Button. Rosberg, who's nowhere near the best, managed to beat Hamilton straight up. That tells you everything you need to know.

Mercedes was just as, if not more dominant. Just look at the amounts of 1-2 finishes they have in qualifying and races. RedBull didn't get near that. They might this year with how Bahrain looked, but it's too early to tell.
In their years Mercedes didn't have to try. A 1-2 was guaranteed bar them crashing into each other.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
What the F are you talking about? That was not a "fantastic" race. It was crap, Max was gone after one lap, no incidents to bring the pack back together, the second half of the race there was basically no passes done on track from the top 10. It was incredibly boring, and while it's great for Max and RB fans, the rest of the fans are bored to death.

I'm now fully on RB getting a new driver that can actually keep up with Max and maybe just maybe bring some much needed excitement to the first place race.

It's going to be a long season if this is what we get to see week in week out.

And I know people state, well Mercedes were dominate for a long time. They were, but not to this level. You never saw a season where Lewis won 85% of the races, and Mercedes 95% of races. There were at least some other teams winning and challenging for the leads on a regular basis. The complete lack of competition for Max is just so boring. It's like watching an NBA team play middle schoolers. How is that enjoyable.

And this isn't me saying that I want the FIA to change things to make it more competitive, no I'm stating some internal competition would be welcomed. Of course other teams are responsible to get their cars and drivers closer to Max and the lead.
I remember when Mike Tyson was knocking people out in the 1st round. People would complain they paid X amount for this???? Guess he should have not hit as hard in the 1st round? I personally loved to see if Iron Mike could knock his opponent out so quickly. Same goes for Max. I’m wondering how long he can do this for. And thoroughly impressed. Guess he shouldn’t be so consistent? That is freaking AMAZING 👇

e6d6b504-f519-4ee4-af0a-4c29e6b52b46.jpeg

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I remember when Mike Tyson was knocking people out in the 1st round. People would complain they paid X amount for this???? Guess he should have not hit as hard in the 1st round? I personally loved to see if Iron Mike could knock his opponent out so quickly. Same goes for Max. I’m wondering how long he can do this for. And thoroughly impressed. Guess he shouldn’t be so consistent? That is freaking AMAZING 👇

They're hypocrites. For 8 years "the car doesn't drive itself" and now "it's because of Adrian Newey" but the difference is, ANY teammate in the Mercedes could park that thing on P2 EVERY time, yet Perez, Gasly, and Albon couldn't. Max has won every year since 2016, even when the car wasn't the best, or even 2nd best. Hamilton is on his 3rd winless season....

But it's the car, not Max 🤣

Josh George

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
The whole thing with Horner and Wolff / Jos talking about Max leaving RB to go to Merc is funny. Severely doubt there's any legitimacy behind the rumors (probably Jos just saying so Horner gets removed faster) but that would be insane to see what it would do to the F1 world.

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si

I get what you are saying with Mike Tyson, but the analogy would have to be adjusted to illustrate how impactful it is to the viewers. So the change that I would make to show how it feels for us F1 fans, it would be like Mike Tyson fights the same guy 20+ times per year and he knocks them out mostly within the first round but sometimes the guy can stay standing upwards of 3 rounds out of 12.

So imagine if that was the case with Mike Tyson and Boxing, how long would people continue to watch those fights, little on pay for them. That's what it's like being an F1 fan that isn't a RB or specifically a Max fan.

What would happen is people would tune in for the prelim fights, which is what all those points places outside the first spot would be in this case. Not exactly the most exciting, but it's a bit of entertainment, just poor value considering the main card is always the same result.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The whole thing with Horner and Wolff / Jos talking about Max leaving RB to go to Merc is funny. Severely doubt there's any legitimacy behind the rumors (probably Jos just saying so Horner gets removed faster) but that would be insane to see what it would do to the F1 world.
Apparently it's either Horner goes, or Newey and Marko walk. And if they go, Max does too.

I kinda want them to go to Aston Martin. Max next to Fred, would be epic.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I get what you are saying with Mike Tyson, but the analogy would have to be adjusted to illustrate how impactful it is to the viewers. So the change that I would make to show how it feels for us F1 fans, it would be like Mike Tyson fights the same guy 20+ times per year and he knocks them out mostly within the first round but sometimes the guy can stay standing upwards of 3 rounds out of 12.

So imagine if that was the case with Mike Tyson and Boxing, how long would people continue to watch those fights, little on pay for them. That's what it's like being an F1 fan that isn't a RB or specifically a Max fan.
You're not an F1 fan, you're an anti-Max fan. Clearly proven with your previous "Hamilton and Mercedes were never this dominant" WRONG statement. RedBull had to build a faster car to compete, and they did. If Mercedes was competent, they'd do the same. Or Ferrari, or any of the other teams. Perez could try to drive faster in the same car. Fact is, if Max is half a second faster than Perez, that's him, not the car. But you can somehow blame Max for being talented 🤣

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
"Mohammed Ben Sulayem: FIA president under investigation for alleged attempt to interfere over F1 race"

Liberty Media see that continued viewership decline and decided to inject some spice into this season! ;)

Also, I read that Ford is again saying that it's mad and investigating ways to bail out.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
While I don't care for RBR, I think this will be the downfall of them if they don't stop this back and forth. Seems like Jos can't keep his mouth shut, and Marko wants.... idk more power in the team? i don't think he wants to be TP but seems to want more power within the team. If Horner sent dick pics and it's between 2 consenting adults then that's between him, his wife and the other lady. If he sexually assaulted, her or sexually harassed her then that's a different story and probably needs to step down. I'm assuming that's not what happened and it's the former. They found out both were consenting and dropped it and others want him gone.

Thing is, once he leaves the people jump ship, it has happened before. It was happening at Alpine after they sacked Otmar. It'll happen if they push Horner out, especially the ones that look up to him and are his supporters. I highly doubt it'll affect this season no matter what, but it's possible it may affect next year and for sure when the new regs come into effect in 2026. You would think they would want it to just stay status que, they are winning everything, a huge part of that is Horner.

I don't see Max going to Merc, I see him going to Aston before Merc. I believe Ford is seeing the writing on the wall and Horner might be leaving so they are just trying to push and come up with an exit strategy just in case. Big corporations want to be attached to winning teams, Honer and his best engineers gone and RBR will be as good as "Racing Bulls" if they don't watch out and this all seems to point to Jos.