Formula 1 Talk

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Yup, it's not the best when your main storylines and best action come far away from the podium spots. I just hope it doesn't keep this way or I honestly think that F1 will feel momentum of new viewers cease and could see some regression in viewership and interest.

If this is a repeat of last season, it won't be too promising that 2025 will be any different and there could be a pretty big drop off in people viewing races until 2026 rules change.
Sorry to burst your hope but this will be replica from 2023. But in other hand, I hope the interest of F1 dies down a bit... attending the race in person is ridiculous these days... F1 has been jacking up prices and compacting people like salmon x2 in the venue. hard to enjoy like used to..
Sponsored

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Sorry to burst your hope but this will be replica from 2023. But in other hand, I hope the interest of F1 dies down a bit... attending the race in person is ridiculous these days... F1 has been jacking up prices and compacting people like salmon x2 in the venue. hard to enjoy like used to..
Oh you aren't bursting any hope, I'm pretty sure everyone outside of Max/RB fans are hoping for something to change. It wouldn't be so bad if Max was actually racing beyond a handful of laps in the first half of the race. It's been rather poor action so far, so we all have to hope that it'll improve.

If this is what the whole season turns into, and teams and FIA see that they aren't making as much money as they had hoped, there could be some changes done in order to improve action. I'm not saying that's what I want to happen, ideally some teams would get better and start to truly challenge Max and RB on their own. But it doesn't seem overly likely at this point.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
If this is what the whole season turns into, and teams and FIA see that they aren't making as much money as they had hoped, there could be some changes done in order to improve action.
That’s my fear. Inject some rule changes so others don't have to improve or adapt to their competition. Like any sport, they need a Max & Red Bull to push the envelope of their own teams.

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
That’s my fear. Inject some rule changes so others don't have to improve or adapt to their competition. Like any sport, they need a Max & Red Bull to push the envelope of their own teams.
Not that it would ever happen, but could you imagine if drivers were preassigned to a team for each race. So the 20 drivers, 10 teams, 20 races, each team would get each driver for two races.

It would truly showcase just how big of a difference there is between drivers, and you'd see which team has the best car.

But then the dynamic of driver and team are all messed up, I'm sure it would be a big pain in the butt for everyone involved. Fitting the car for each driver and setting it up would be time intensive and complex. But man would it ever make things less predictable on the race track and entertainment value would increase.

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
It'll be the usual scenario in F1:

Change rules: One team is dominant, after 3 or 4 seasons the pack closes, racing is close and the championship is exciting...so we stick with the next planned set of technical reg changes and go round the whole loop again.

At least in the Mercedes powertrain dominance era there was often good racing within Mercedes, what we have now is akin to Ferrari between 2000-2004, no challenger within the team and little other competition.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
At least in the Mercedes powertrain dominance era there was often good racing within Mercedes, what we have now is akin to Ferrari between 2000-2004, no challenger within the team and little other competition
That's because the gap between teammates at Mercedes was smaller. Schumacher was incredible in his Ferrari days. Nobody could match him. Irvine was like Perez. He'd get the odd win here and there, but never anything serious. The only shot he had at a title was when Schumacher broke his leg in Silverstone. Barichello did better, but still on most days wasn't a match. It took Alonso in a faster Renault to dethrone him, and even then it was close. Just watch the race in Imola (2006 I believe) how close they were.

Max is a lot like Schumacher. Driving style, especially in the rain, absolutely incredible. Off track, Schumacher would test at Fiorano relentlessly. Max does it on the sim. Even when the title was won, Schumacher, and Max, just keep on pushing like a freight train.

Lewis is different. Not worse, but different. He doesn't want to be in the sim, hates testing, and outside of a race weekend does anything but be in a car. In 2015 when the title was won, he couldn't care less and Rosberg won the remaining races, setting him up for 2016. Rosberg who is nothing special, got the better of Lewis on numerous occasions. Even taking a title from him. Bottas who's even worse, got plenty of wins and poles in against Lewis. The gap between them is just smaller. Rosberg, or Bottas, against Ferrari Schumacher (Mercedes Schumacher was old. The three years away ruined him) or Max today, would end up the same as Perez.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not that it would ever happen, but could you imagine if drivers were preassigned to a team for each race. So the 20 drivers, 10 teams, 20 races, each team would get each driver for two races.

It would truly showcase just how big of a difference there is between drivers, and you'd see which team has the best car.

But then the dynamic of driver and team are all messed up, I'm sure it would be a big pain in the butt for everyone involved. Fitting the car for each driver and setting it up would be time intensive and complex. But man would it ever make things less predictable on the race track and entertainment value would increase.
That would be badass!!!! A special one random race or maybe a couple like they do with the sprint weekends.

I’m definitely the odd man out. I don’t mind Max doing his Matrix Neo thing and watching the rest of the race behind him. Leave the record setter up front. To me it’s a separate show. Unfortunately I know that kills them. Maybe they can call that spot something else, numero uno or whatever. Then have the rest line up for the other 1, 2, 3 podium spots 🤷‍♂️

Anything to keep the media machine and industry from self imploding over themselves - expectations on the other teams. Just leave Max alone. I really want to see the others struggle to make themselves better with the same set of rules. Unless he is cheating, which I doubt.

I hope they can all calm down and let this all play out naturally. I really want to see Max and Lewis compete next year in the fastest cars in F1 🤩

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Side note K Mag was such a badass this last race 😱 If Checo were to do that for Max up front, there would be hell to pay or rule changes for sure lol.

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
That would be badass!!!! A special one random race or maybe a couple like they do with the sprint weekends.

I’m definitely the odd man out. I don’t mind Max doing his Matrix Neo thing and watching the rest of the race behind him. Leave the record setter up front. To me it’s a separate show. Unfortunately I know that kills them. Maybe they can call that spot something else, numero uno or whatever. Then have the rest line up for the other 1, 2, 3 podium spots 🤷‍♂️

Anything to keep the media machine and industry from self imploding over themselves - expectations on the other teams. Just leave Max alone. I really want to see the others struggle to make themselves better with the same set of rules. Unless he is cheating, which I doubt.

I hope they can all calm down and let this all play out naturally. I really want to see Max and Lewis compete next year in the fastest cars in F1 🤩
Two things, no one is saying that Max or RB are cheating. From where I sit they are within the rules.

Secondly, Lewis joining Ferrari next season, likely will mean very little to Max or RB. It's clear that RB and Max in particular are so incredibly beyond the rest of the grid that it'll take a completely new car from Ferrari, one that bests their current car by a sizable margin, in order to get Lewis anywhere close to Max.

It likely won't be until 2026 before we see an actual fight for first place and the championship.

You are only okay with Max being out from because you like him and RB, but the rest of the fans are displeased with the lack of entertainment from the top spots, and doing this a second season in a row will not be fun, little on another one next season.

Also, if Max and RB break the record or even just equal it from last season, you will see viewers grow disinterested in the record itself. Records are meant to be broke...just not consistently, year after year. They should stand for a while before being broken. If it happens every year, it'll become less relevant and less of an attraction.

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Side note K Mag was such a badass this last race 😱 If Checo were to do that for Max up front, there would be hell to pay or rule changes for sure lol.
Checo has done this in the past and well. Not last season or this one, but that's because there is little need or opportunity. Prior to that he would hold up drivers all the time to the betterment of Max and his team. It's one of the main reasons why Max won his first championship.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Checo has done this in the past and well. Not last season or this one, but that's because there is little need or opportunity. Prior to that he would hold up drivers all the time to the betterment of Max and his team. It's one of the main reasons why Max won his first championship.
I do remember that and love him for it! But that K Max train 🚂 was incredible. He redefined the term of getting your elbows out. He stuck out a leg, his ass and neck during that race. It was fantastic (or cringe worthy for some) to watch 😍

*(side note: I think of myself as kinda ballsy on track. Not anymore! Damnnnnnnn….. I’m such a pussy next to those guys!)*

You are only okay with Max being out from because you like him and RB, but the rest of the fans are displeased with the lack of entertainment from the top spots, and doing this a second season in a row will not be fun, little on another one next season.
yes I like it. more please. Hoping RB doesn’t self implode while the going is so good

Last edited:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
It's funny people think that Kmag did that for Hulk 🤣 he's the most selfish driver on the grid. Hulk getting a point was mere coincidence from Kmag's actions.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's funny people think that Kmag did that for Hulk 🤣 he's the most selfish driver on the grid. Hulk getting a point was mere coincidence from Kmag's actions.
I thought it was a team directed thing… wow, really?!?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Kmag don't care. He drives with blinders on lol.
He's definitely not one of the top drivers out there. That's for sure. Looked like he was doing a killer "you shall not pass" Gandalf impression regardless, lol.

Who do you think would take the RB seat if Max leaves? Who would be the best one at RB if he does? And where do you think Max and Helmut would go, if they decide to jump ship?
Sponsored