Formula 1 Talk

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I see Alonso resigned with AM. I know a lot of talk about Carlos going to Mercedes, and I'm sure he will do well there. But I think he would be better at RedBull or even better as Alonso's teammate at AM.

Also, I don't see Merc staying in long term if they can't get back up to the top, they won't stay a 4-5-6th place team running around midpack. For years RB always threaten to quit if things don't change, I can see Merc actually doing it and going back to an engine supplier. Maybe won't happen, but I wouldn't be shocked or surprised if it did.
Sponsored

BillyLong42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
So, how much longer does Max stay at Red Bull? Or in F1 entirely?
Word on the street in Newey is leaving. Max has said he would finish his contract but who knows now that Adrian is out. I bet Newey goes to Aston.

Could you imagine if Audi grabbed Max. And paired him with Carlos whos gonna be there.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Word on the street in Newey is leaving. Max has said he would finish his contract but who knows now that Adrian is out. I bet Newey goes to Aston.

Could you imagine if Audi grabbed Max. And paired him with Carlos whos gonna be there.
Also reportedly, Hulkenberg has signed with Audi.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'd be really surprised if Newey leaves RB. I read that his contract is until end of 2025? And I'm sure there will be at LEAST a 1-year gardening requirement. So, what earliest he could start working in F1 again would be 2027? His first car wouldn't be out until 2028 at minimum. I just don't see him dealing with that. He has stated his career is winding down, waiting to go to another team and possibly waiting until 2027-28 before your new design is out, then tweaking it for a couple years. IDK, does he really want to do this for another 10 years?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
My bet is Newey and Max are going to Aston Martin for 2026. Honda loves Max, so they'll happily pay his salary. Max and Alonso together would be epic. And I can see them teaming up together for the Le Mans Valkyrie project which is of course Newey's baby.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
That one guy needs to take a Stroll right off a cliff

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
With every team & mogul with money trying to breakup RB, any chance they will be able to do just that before year end? This seems to be the only thing on the mind of everyone in the sport 😔 - we can’t let Max continue to run away like that. Change the rules, break up the team, do something dammit!!!! 😂
Sponsored

Last edited: