Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
and this all seems to point to Jos.
I had the same opinion at first, but it seems to be getting clearer it's actually Horner. Jos is saying if Horner stays, the team is finished because Newey, Marko, and by extension Max will walk away. This is coming from Berger, who I've never known to be wrong. So although the media is making it look like it's Jos, the truth might be the opposite, and Jos just wants the team to be stable for Max.
Sponsored

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
So I was not logged on and noticed that Danny is still quoting my posts and spewing his Max gossip. Glad I can just log in and not see any of that garbage. The best decision I ever made was setting it up that I donā€™t see his posts. I highly recommend that to others who arenā€™t so fond of his take on F1. Hope you read this Danny and quote it with some amazing comeback that Iā€™ll never read. Have a great life bud.

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I tend to think all this gossip of Max, Jos, Marko, RB, Ford, and Horner is all a distraction to bring some much needed entertainment to a sport that is lacking that on track. Ainā€™t nothing going to come out of all this. Max will be with RB, Horner will be with RB, Jos and Marko will continue to be a side show, and the only reason Ford will pull out is if itā€™s not financially good decision.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
is still quoting my posts and spewing his Max gossip. Glad I can just log in and not see any of that garbage
Says what I'm supposedly saying, then says he can't see what I'm saying.....

That makes sense šŸ¤£

Thanks for the laughs skidmark šŸ‘

Just in case you "can't" read this either,

If you brought actual facts to the table, I'd happily discuss them. You're just upset that I prove you wrong, with facts, every time you speak. You have all these opinions about Max, but can't back a single one up. When you do, let me know.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I tend to think all this gossip of Max, Jos, Marko, RB, Ford, and Horner is all a distraction to bring some much needed entertainment to a sport that is lacking that on track. Ainā€™t nothing going to come out of all this. Max will be with RB, Horner will be with RB, Jos and Marko will continue to be a side show, and the only reason Ford will pull out is if itā€™s not financially good decision.
I think itā€™d be best for the sport to stop inserting extra Netflix drama. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Dad couldnā€™t do what his son now does. The kid lost his childhood. Now let him enjoy the fruits of it. Period.

I still wonder if Max can keep up such dominance. Was it the track, the conditions, his mentality, so many variables to be that damn consistent. Everyoneā€™s goal is to keep your delta under 1/2 a second. Maxā€¦ holy shit!!!! Luck, computer driven, freak of nature?!? Who knows what to make of it. You guys have followed formula one longer than me. Iā€™m still scratching my head.

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I think itā€™d be best for the sport to stop inserting extra Netflix drama. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Dad couldnā€™t do what his son now does. The kid lost his childhood. Now let him enjoy the fruits of it. Period.

I still wonder if Max can keep up such dominance. Was it the track, the conditions, his mentality, so many variables to be that damn consistent. Everyoneā€™s goal is to keep your delta under 1/2 a second. Maxā€¦ holy shit!!!! Luck, computer driven, freak of nature?!? Who knows what to make of it. You guys have followed formula one longer than me. Iā€™m still scratching my head.
For sure a lot of Max's dominance and consistency is from his abilities, no one is questioning that. He's an amazing driver, and likely the best on the grid currently. But F1 is a team sport, you must have a good pit crew, good strategy people, and one of the most key variables is the factory and your people who create and build the cars.

I think one of the bigger reasons outside of Max's abilities is the car they have is set up perfectly for his driving style and there is so much performance above the competition that he doesn't have to race at the limit much during the race. Not saying he doesn't approach that, sometimes quite a bit, but this last race he was likely only at the "limit" for a dozen or so laps, to start, before and after a pit stop, and when he was going for the fastest lap. Now compare that to everyone else, who are at the limits for the majority of the race as they are either chasing someone down, or defending from behind.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think one of the bigger reasons outside of Max's abilities is the car they have is set up perfectly for his driving style and there is so much performance above the competition that he doesn't have to race at the limit much during the race. Not saying he doesn't approach that, sometimes quite a bit, but this last race he was likely only at the "limit" for a dozen or so laps, to start, before and after a pit stop, and when he was going for the fastest lap. Now compare that to everyone else, who are at the limits for the majority of the race as they are either chasing someone down, or defending from behind.
You just described why Lewis/Mercedes and teammate were dominant. Getting constant 1-2's.

Max didn't have this in 2022, until Ferrari started to do Ferrari things, and Leclerc started crashing on his own (France for example) they were very much on equal footing. In 2021 he DEFINITELY didn't have this, as the Mercedes was the better car, especially the last 5 or so races. 2023 he dominated, but because of his talent, Perez showed where the car was performance wise with an average driver.

This year, could be like a Mercedes total domination. But it's too early to tell.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I don't really follow RBR a lot some maybe @Dannyvandelft could provide insight? I watched a clip today of Max saying he is loyal to Marko and many saying there is a clause if Marko goes, he goes. I'm kinda surprised, did Marko have that big of a role in Max's career? If Marko leaves i dont see how that would affect RBR really. He isnt running the team or anything like that, I was under the assumption he is to RBR as Nikki Lauda was to Merc. I know if Horner leaves RBR would be affected, engineers and the like would leave. I also believe if Max leaves there would be people that follow him also. But Marko is that important to the team?

In my eyes I think it wouldn't be a wise move to leave RBR before 2026. no one is catching them and why would you leave and give up the wins and best chance to win the championship? To me it would be a here's a nice parting gift as I am receiving my 4th title???

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't really follow RBR a lot some maybe @Dannyvandelft could provide insight? I watched a clip today of Max saying he is loyal to Marko and many saying there is a clause if Marko goes, he goes. I'm kinda surprised, did Marko have that big of a role in Max's career? If Marko leaves i dont see how that would affect RBR really. He isnt running the team or anything like that, I was under the assumption he is to RBR as Nikki Lauda was to Merc. I know if Horner leaves RBR would be affected, engineers and the like would leave. I also believe if Max leaves there would be people that follow him also. But Marko is that important to the team?

In my eyes I think it wouldn't be a wise move to leave RBR before 2026. no one is catching them and why would you leave and give up the wins and best chance to win the championship? To me it would be a here's a nice parting gift as I am receiving my 4th title???
Marko discovered him. He's the one that got him at RedBull and into F3 and Toro Rosso. Marko deserves as much credit for where Max is today as his dad does. There were talks with Mercedes early on, but Marko took the chance of Max going to F1 at 16. And the rest is history. And as we've seen, Max is fiercely loyal. He'll go wherever Marko says. When he had that stupid accident in Monaco in FP3 and lost out on qualifying (and very possibly the win) Marko was the one that straightened him out. There was rowdy before Monaco Max, and laser sharp deadly precision after Monaco Max. Marko did that.

I think, if the plans for 2026 look bad, the new engine, trouble between Newey and Horner, Max will leave, if Marko says he should.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I hope all this talk is bullshit. F1 has the most amazing, perfect combo with Max and RB. Iā€™m probably one of the few, but Iā€™d love to see how long they can keep this kind of synergy going.

Edit: Max just wants to stay with Helmut Marko and itā€™s settled?

Last edited:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Middle Eastern tracks just suck. Glad we're going to good ones, bar MIAMI now.

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
stopped watching in mid-race. running errand was more entertaining. only story was bearman getting points.
Yup, it's not the best when your main storylines and best action come far away from the podium spots. I just hope it doesn't keep this way or I honestly think that F1 will feel momentum of new viewers cease and could see some regression in viewership and interest.

If this is a repeat of last season, it won't be too promising that 2025 will be any different and there could be a pretty big drop off in people viewing races until 2026 rules change.
Sponsored