Formula 1 Talk

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
Interested if anyone is watching F1 now that it's started up in an fan free way.

Lewis getting pole in the rain should shut up his critics as he proved (again) that he is the best drive in this generation.

A moment of silence for Scuderia Ferrari.

Just my take on the weekend's race,
Sponsored

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
I'm a massive Formula One fan as you can probably see.

Holy shit what a masterclass qualifying by Lewis. He just WAXED everyone.

Also, Ferrari is in shambles but I'm not surprised at all. I feel bad for Sebastian and Charles for having to drive that dogshit car. At least they're getting paid a load of money lol.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple thoughts about Ferrari, first off I think Haas would be a nice fit for Vettel to finish out his career and possibly move them up a few positions on the grid, and Carlos Sainz must be thinking that he would have been better off staying put. Either way it looks like Danial Ric might be the big winner in these moves, which is cool.

...and I hear a lot of bagging on Lewis over the past month or so, but when you go out in that rain, and put it on pole you are the best that day regardless of the car.

YungMercureal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Supra - Nitro Yellow
I'm also a big Hamilton fan since his rookie season with McLaren and Mercedes fan by extension of them previously powering McLaren cars. Was glad to see him recover from last week. Penalty was fair enough, but Albon appeared to have at least a few feet to his left to avoid clipping Lewis, but whatever. I wish Ferrari or Red Bull would consistently challenge so we can at least shut up the usual "Best car = free championship" critics. People are always going to jab at Lewis because of his personal lifestyle, regardless of whether he has the best car or not, but at least people can't deny the talent. Ferrari arguably had the better car in 2017, but then they managed to throw the season in numerous ways, both drivers and teams.

Was happy to see McLaren get back on the podium with Lando. I still support McLaren as a team and would like to see them return to regular podiums. Sad to see Carlos go to Ferrari, as he and Lando were a great team, though Lando and Ricciardo will probably be an epic pairing.

Also shout-outs to the podium trophy robots, those can stay after covid clears up so we don't have to invite random politicians to hand them out.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've been waiting for a reason to get really behind Max Verstappen and I think today was it! Of course Lewis had a prefect race even getting fastest lap late on softs, but Max's drive to split the Mercedes in a lesser car was great.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Max is right, besides watching D-Ric out drive his car and Gasly's run through the midfield, Spa was a bit, lets say predictable.

I can't help but feel like Carlos Sainz is going to be in a lesser car next year.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Max is right, besides watching D-Ric out drive his car and Gasly's run through the midfield, Spa was a bit, lets say predictable.

I can't help but feel like Carlos Sainz is going to be in a lesser car next year.
My heart aches for Carlos next year. He has to drive that shitbag Ferrari. :(

YungMercureal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Supra - Nitro Yellow
I guess the extra money Ferrari gets for being a heritage team isn't helping them out much. On a semi-related note, F1 needs to admit that the hybrids were a bad idea cost and development-wise. I'm a big Lewis/Mercedes fan, but they got so far ahead on the engine development that no one else is able to catch up. Ferrari was already on the back foot and then they got hit hard last year by that mid-year protest.

F1 just needs to get rid of the hybrid system, at maximum, go back to KERS. It's insane to me that they think reducing their footprint helps their image. I can't think of any environmentalists that became F1 fans just because it's hybrid now.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well I guess it was inevitable, Claire Williams steps down today. Some people have really called her out for William's performance the last couple years but she did have success prior to 2018. I kind of think Mercedes and to some extent Red Bull's design and development teams have left the other teams in their dust which really works against the smaller teams.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Italian Team wins 2 years in a row! Hamilton's response was well suited and I was "wishing" for someone responds it like it was being back in F2 again. :D

Lando is a clown (off the race) but love him for it especially his helmet few races ago. ;)
Holy fuck yeah what a legendary race. Definitely one of my most favorite races of all time. Let's just say I sobbed a fucking shit ton with joy. :)

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As much as I like Sainz I was secretly hoping he wasn't going to make a last lap pass!

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can't see the video.