whozaka

whozaka

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Coming from a 2014 GTS, I can't agree more. Although the oil burning issues have me going through a little PTSD from the Viper rod bearing issues. The Viper handled like a car made by someone named Hank, and was clearly engineered and built by monkeys. It was a fun car but the Supra is better in nearly every way.
ahh fellow viper dude. Also Viper guys act like little girls when it comes to any other car than the Viper. I got banned from many Viper Facebook groups because I sold to buy a Supra. This community is much better I think.
Sponsored

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
ahh fellow viper dude. Also Viper guys act like little girls when it comes to any other car than the Viper. I got banned from many Viper Facebook groups because I sold to buy a Supra. This community is much better I think.
The Viper community was almost as bad as the Ford Raptor community, which is to say a bunch of children trying to be as embarrassing and petulant as possible.??‍♂. Something about cars that people use to compensate for a lacking elsewhere that brings out the people who humanity really doesn't need.

Did I see that you're in Hampton Roads?

OP
OP
whozaka

whozaka

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Viper community was almost as bad as the Ford Raptor community, which is to say a bunch of children trying to be as embarrassing and petulant as possible.??‍♂. Something about cars that people use to compensate for a lacking elsewhere that brings out the people who humanity really doesn't need.

Did I see that you're in Hampton Roads?
Yeah I am from Hampton roads. Are you?

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
no longer here?
No. But my family is still there and still got some friends there. I made the move out to California for work.

OP
OP
whozaka

whozaka

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just moved back to Williamsburg, yeah.
well shit! Have you gone to any local car meets yet? There’s a Facebook page called “Virginia Car Scene”. Aside from the 80% trolling it does have good info for events and meets

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
well shit! Have you gone to any local car meets yet? There’s a Facebook page called “Virginia Car Scene”. Aside from the 80% trolling it does have good info for events and meets
I don't really use Failbook very much but that car scene group is a bunch of children, I'd be careful about some of the meets they suggest (unless you don't mind cops showing up). There's a meet at Fort Monroe on Saturday afternoons, and cars and coffee in Williamsburg every other weekend. I believe both of those events have Facebook groups. Let me know if you can't find them.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
my dad has a 17 gtc that we custom ordered. love the car, super unique and fun, but built with fucking Cheeto dust and painters tape holy shit. not even 5k miles, both head gaskets leaking coolant. seats are a different color red then the day we got it, red stitching all over dash is now brown, windows always break, terrible noise from new coming from the throw out bearing, and the dealer local to us is a bunch of lying assholes lol, but we still love the car, it is nasty fast, fun to drive, granted a handful, and makes for a fun weekend rally car to take to the local cars and coffee and exotic car rally. Scary car to drive on the track. done it 3 times already, not easy. my dad loves it though, nothing else like it made today, and we rarely see other ones, local viper group is pretty chill, but I don't even bother with the forums or FB groups. he does get hate for keeping it stock, but hey, that how he likes it, we are thinking abt corsa exhaust tho, the stock exhaust drones so bad, the corsa is supposed to be better.

dad with viper and plane.jpg

OP
OP
whozaka

whozaka

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't really use Failbook very much but that car scene group is a bunch of children, I'd be careful about some of the meets they suggest (unless you don't mind cops showing up). There's a meet at Fort Monroe on Saturday afternoons, and cars and coffee in Williamsburg every other weekend. I believe both of those events have Facebook groups. Let me know if you can't find them.
I for sure want to do cars and coffee, I met my wife at cars and coffee. I’ve never heard of the fort Monroe meet. If you have details please pass them along.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I for sure want to do cars and coffee, I met my wife at cars and coffee. I’ve never heard of the fort Monroe meet. If you have details please pass them along.
Search Facebook for "fort monroe saturday night cruise in"

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Active autowerke downpipe is the best option. No cel, other brands aren't reliable with this claim
Well I would say usually. I have a 2020 and I had to go through 3 AA downpipes before no CEL. The first 2 they sent me I got CEL’s. They sent me one that they made for California and it worked without CEL’s. Great customer service in working through the issue though.

Last edited:

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Thank you!!! I’m going to look at getting one.
Order now, shops are back ordered on this specific pipes 6 weeks+
Wmi on the JB4 doesn't really do anything I'd you're already running an ethanol mix. I get the exact same dragy times with and without it.
Well I would say usually. I have a 2020 and I had to go through 3 AA downpipe a before no CEL. The first 2 they sent me I go CEL’s. They sent me one that they made for California and it worked without CEL’s. Great customer service in working through the issue though.
Hopefully the new batch coming solves the issue!

STSGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you all for posting your feedback regarding your experience with the Viper vs the Supra. I actually just sold my 2009 ACR to take advantage of this crazy market, and have been considering a Supra since they were released. My only hesitation has been the lack of a m/t since all of my past cars have been a m/t.

As you guys already know, the Viper is a very engaging car, requiring your full focus at all times. What are your thoughts on the driver engagement with the ZF8 transmission vs the engagement and m/t in the Viper?

GR007

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 A91CF, '21 A90 3.0 Prem, '21 Audi RS5, '96 Z3
I have to share that the JB4 is the best option for the 2021 A90. I took my car to Toyota's complementary NASA Track day recently and this car blew everyone away. I have JB4 with AA downpipe, H&R Springs, charge pipe, intake with stock air box, BBS CH-R with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's. I ran 93 octane on map 4 with JB4 and ran within 6 seconds of the track record my first time on track.
Sponsored