Fuel It, Flex Fuel Kit difference?

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
So I was curious as I am about to (or was) order the fuel it ethanol analyzer, what the difference between that and the visconti flex fuel kit is?

Obviously fuel it analyzes the econtent, so what does the flex fuel kit do exactly? Is it not good to run e with out the flex fuel kit or? I am new to running any e content.
Sponsored

visconti

Silver Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vtune.us
Car(s)
Subaru STi, VR30, S55 M3, GOLF R, Supra A90
One kit tells you what ethanol content you have via a phone app, the other is wired to the ecu so the ecu knows the ethanol content - comes with a optional gauge.

To be Flex Fuel you need our kit.

If you only want to monitor the ethanol, then the other kit is OK..

Normally JB4 guys get the Fuel-iT kit..

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
if you want to monitor E85, either one works

Visconti kit will automatically allow the ECU to adjust based on E85 content, but I believe the car has to be unlocked by Ecutek.

The Flex fuel kit will give the E85 mix, and you can select the map accordingly. For example, I make sure the mix in my car is E38 using the flex fuel kit and use the Jb4 map for this mix to get maximum reliability and power.

Per BMS, they are working on an update that will allow the Jb4 to check the E85 mix from the fuel-it kit and adjust the boost based on that info.

Tripler52

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
if you want to monitor E85, either one works

Visconti kit will automatically allow the ECU to adjust based on E85 content, but I believe the car has to be unlocked by Ecutek.

The Flex fuel kit will give the E85 mix, and you can select the map accordingly. For example, I make sure the mix in my car is E38 using the flex fuel kit and use the Jb4 map for this mix to get maximum reliability and power.

Per BMS, they are working on an update that will allow the Jb4 to check the E85 mix from the fuel-it kit and adjust the boost based on that info.
Did bms give you any rough estimate when that update would be available?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT