Is it worth getting a custom JB4 map if you’re not doing flex fuel

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
put it in 3rd or 4th, preferably 3k or lower. mash the gas pedal all the way down, feel free to continue the pull for one or two shifts.

no need to manually start logging by tapping the button, the jb4 will auto-log once you floor it (as long as it isn't disabled in app settings).

Your call on whether to disable traction control or not. I like to leave it on because if your tires are going to slip, it's going to pollute the pull anyway if you need to lift off.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
put it in 3rd or 4th, preferably 3k or lower. mash the gas pedal all the way down, feel free to continue the pull for one or two shifts.

no need to manually start logging by tapping the button, the jb4 will auto-log once you floor it (as long as it isn't disabled in app settings).

Your call on whether to disable traction control or not. I like to leave it on because if your tires are going to slip, it's going to pollute the pull anyway if you need to lift off.
All these threads start blending together after a while. Are you using your JB4 on track? If so, assuming you’re doing it with minimal boost or other mods, like a manifold. And what fuel do you use? Thx for the explanation!

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Are you using your JB4 on track?
I haven't tracked the car yet (just got it last fall) but reading the threads here, it seems running higher boost just causes heat soak. I will likely disable it for track days or maybe run a minimal map of +2 psi. Either way, I plan to bring a 5 gal of e85 and give it a 1-1.5 gal splash during lunch time refill.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I haven't tracked the car yet (just got it last fall) but reading the threads here, it seems running higher boost just causes heat soak. I will likely disable it for track days or maybe run a minimal map of +2 psi. Either way, I plan to bring a 5 gal of e85 and give it a 1-1.5 gal splash during lunch time refill.
Look forward to hearing your outcome! The sum of all parts (numbers) equal more with this Supra. Sure it’d be nice to be able to turn that JB4 on. But I’m having a blast. We’re already getting thrown into a higher time trial class down here.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Look forward to hearing your outcome! The sum of all parts (numbers) equal more with this Supra. Sure it’d be nice to be able to turn that JB4 on. But I’m having a blast. We’re already getting thrown into a higher time trial class down here.
@FLtrackdays, let me know if you still ever want to dial in that mild track map! We can try something like @i3igpete said : 2-3 psi max over stock with a taper up top. Should be possible since you are on 93

I'm curious to see some track logs and how much the car can take at high temps.
Sponsored