GMS Top turbo mount

JOutterbridge

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe, 94 and 97 Toyota Supra
That dyno graph is interesting how the torque and hp falls on its face in the high rpms. I was expecting more from the G35-1050.
Not sure what boost level is being run but these Garrets choke at around 800bhp unless you're running a high pressure ratio. I think I've seen a GR Yaris or Corolla hit 800+whp but at much higher boost than a B58 normally runs. The precision is much better if you're shooting for 900 to 1000 hp.
Sponsored

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
Not sure what boost level is being run but these Garrets choke at around 800bhp unless you're running a high pressure ratio. I think I've seen a GR Yaris or Corolla hit 800+whp but at much higher boost than a B58 normally runs. The precision is much better if you're shooting for 900 to 1000 hp.
For me even 800bhp is pushing it since I'm keeping my engine stock. I guess it comes down to spool and mid-top range power. P2uned is working on Precision kits now too so might just upgrade the turbo later.

JOutterbridge

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe, 94 and 97 Toyota Supra
For me even 800bhp is pushing it since I'm keeping my engine stock. I guess it comes down to spool and mid-top range power. P2uned is working on Precision kits now too so might just upgrade the turbo later.
Yeah definitely. The mid range power is likely where you will see the difference. From 5000 rpm and up I'd expect the precision turbo to be better since the turbine is about 10mm bigger for the inducer and exducer. In PTE terms the Garret would be a 6862
Sponsored