Greetings from Belgium - Car history and Supra MKV build

redrocket

First Name
Jurgen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
An EcuTeck tune on an otherwise stock engine is safe I would say. The engine and turbo can take a lot more than the 80-90 HP gain that will make.
80 hp would be perfect, I love driving it on curvy roads in the low mountainous region of the Ardennes in Belgium. More power would be difficult to put on the road I think.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
80 hp would be perfect, I love driving it on curvy roads in the low mountainious region of the Ardennes in Belgium. More power would be difficult to put on the road I think.
A conservative tune with EcuTeck and 98 octane, EU, you will end up with +80 hp, give or take, which is just perfect for this car.

OP
OP
geert.bieseman

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
Sorry it took a while. Been busy making my company Covid proof. Nice to see you're still making plans for your Supra. How many are there in Belgium? Seems like we are the only ones. ? I have done mostly cosmetic changes up until now.
I wanted to have a tune done (stage 1, no downpipe) at Custom Import Arts, but got a bit worried after reading your story.
DSC_0201.png
I have been down that road too with my mustang ecoboost (stage 3) and got engine troubles. Want to avoid that this time.
The Supra is already fast, so a tune would suffice for me.
75 cars were sold in the beginning... so plenty more of them :)
But guess not so many are yet modifiying it.

Buddy of mine got the stage 2 tune done by Custom Import Arts... got 25000km on the odometer and still going without any problems.

Currently I have 10000km on the new engine without any issue at all.
Guess I was unlucky with my engine.

Time will tell what was really wrong with it.
Just sad that Toyota is not giving a dime about it. Still the reason why Custom Import Arts did not open up the engine theirselves... due to the dossier still not being closed at Toyota.

Custom Import Arts knows what they are doing, no worries about that.
You have a nice overview on prices in on their webshop. They even got a cool Supra car configurator
But off course, you can always contact them as well ;)

Yes still plans with her. So many stuff, so little time :)

P.S.: The catted downpipe is one of the first restrictions that you will hit on the EU-spec cars.
But even with it, you can achieve great numbers with just an ECUTEK tune

OP
OP
geert.bieseman

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beautiful pictures. What lake is that? The water is so clear. What were the police doing, waiting for someone to do something stupid?
Thanks.

"Lac d'orient" in France. We had dinner in restaurant Le Belvédère This is the place where we were

No they were not waiting for someone to do something stupid.
They were actually there admiring the cars and stayed the entire evening to make sure nobody would scratch or try and steal our cars :thumbsup:

OP
OP
geert.bieseman

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
80 hp would be perfect, I love driving it on curvy roads in the low mountainious region of the Ardennes in Belgium. More power would be difficult to put on the road I think.
Nobody tells you to always put your foot 100% on the throttle when coming out of the corner ;)
With power... comes responsibility :).

When it rained outside and the road is still wet, I can't even go 40% without the tail stepping out. Even a golf GTI would outrun me at that moment :p
So I never drive with the traction control fully off. But I love that she is tailhappy and trying to grasp for traction... makes it fun (but that is maybe just me I guess)

But on the circuit, we need more.
Oh and off course you get used to horsepower... so you always want more haha :D

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Thanks.

"Lac d'orient" in France. We had dinner in restaurant Le Belvédère This is the place where we were

No they were not waiting for someone to do something stupid.
They were actually there admiring the cars and stayed the entire evening to make sure nobody would scratch or try and steal our cars :thumbsup:
Well that was decent of them.

redrocket

First Name
Jurgen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
75 cars were sold in the beginning... so plenty more of them :)
But guess not so many are yet modifiying it.

Buddy of mine got the stage 2 tune done by Custom Import Arts... got 25000km on the odometer and still going without any problems.

Currently I have 10000km on the new engine without any issue at all.
Guess I was unlucky with my engine.

Time will tell what was really wrong with it.
Just sad that Toyota is not giving a dime about it. Still the reason why Custom Import Arts did not open up the engine theirselves... due to the dossier still not being closed at Toyota.

Custom Import Arts knows what they are doing, no worries about that.
You have a nice overview on prices in on their webshop. They even got a cool Supra car configurator
But off course, you can always contact them as well ;)

Yes still plans with her. So many stuff, so little time :)

P.S.: The catted downpipe is one of the first restrictions that you will hit on the EU-spec cars.
But even with it, you can achieve great numbers with just an ECUTEK tune
No doubt about Custom Import Arts, just not sure anymore the b58 is up to it. On the other hand there are plenty Supras running high numbers whitout problems. I hope some news on your engine comes soon.

redrocket

First Name
Jurgen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Nobody tells you to always put your foot 100% on the throttle when coming out of the corner ;)
With power... comes responsibility :).

When it rained outside and the road is still wet, I can't even go 40% without the tail stepping out. Even a golf GTI would outrun me at that moment :p
So I never drive with the traction control fully off. But I love that she is tailhappy and trying to grasp for traction... makes it fun (but that is maybe just me I guess)

But on the circuit, we need more.
Oh and off course you get used to horsepower... so you always want more haha :D
I would hate a gti outrunning me.?
Tailhappiness was key with my mustang. But now I want more focused usable power. As much of it as possible of course.?

OP
OP
geert.bieseman

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No doubt about Custom Import Arts, just not sure anymore the b58 is up to it. On the other hand there are plenty Supras running high numbers whitout problems. I hope some news on your engine comes soon.
The B58 is capable of high numbers, just need to figure out the limits based on our EU cars restrictions and off course our Belgian crappy fuel :p

I would hate a gti outrunning me.?
Tailhappiness was key with my mustang. But now I want more focused usable power. As much of it as possible of course.?
Well just in the wet.
Always keep in mind that high-power cars... have no point in 0-100Km/h times
---> 150-250km/h... different story :)

Short wheelbase, so more tailhappy.
Usable power... dry, warm weather and (semi-)slicks haha

You can still have lots of fun with a Supra on the road and circuit, no worries.

redrocket

First Name
Jurgen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
The B58 is capable of high numbers, just need to figure out the limits based on our EU cars restrictions and off course our Belgian crappy fuel :p

Well just in the wet.
Always keep in mind that high-power cars... have no point in 0-100Km/h times
---> 150-250km/h... different story :)

Short wheelbase, so more tailhappy.
Usable power... dry, warm weather and (semi-)slicks haha

You can still have lots of fun with a Supra on the road and circuit, no worries.
That is why I feel 100 hp should do it. I have no interest in outrunning a lambo at license shredding speeds. ?
But it could use some extra that is somewhat easier to put on the road. No plans racing it either.

OP
OP
geert.bieseman

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That is why I feel 100 hp should do it. I have no interest in outrunning a lambo at license shredding speeds. ?
But it could use some extra that is somewhat easier to put on the road. No plans racing it either.
Then stage1 or stage2 is just fine :)

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Sure, glad to help somebody else :)

1)
Wheels: BCforged MLE81 - Fronts are 19x9.5" ET22 ; Rears are 19x11" ET35
Tires: Michelin Pilot sport 4S - Fronts 265/35/19 ; Rears 285/35/19

2)
The reason why I am not using bigger tires is because wider tires would go totally out of margin spec in diameter compared to the standard ones (you have to take into account the big power, all of the electronics/sensors,...)

275/30/19 in fronts would be -2.08% compared to standard, not ok
285/30/19 in fronts would be ok (-1.15%), but too wide for a 9.5" wheel
305/30/19 in the rears would be ok, but not in combination with a 275/35 in fronts

The best would be 305/30/19 in fronts in combination with 325/30/19 in the rear. But wheels for those sizes, would not fit a standard Supra (note: in Belgium, you are not allowed to exceed your wheels/tires outside the arches)

The reason that I am not using semislicks or slicks, is just because you can't get enough heat in tires in daily traffic.
Also even in summer, it can rain a lot in Belgium. So also from a safety point of view... not going to do that on a rear-wheel high-torque car :)

So I went for a good and proven performance tire.
Benefit of not running the widest tires, is that I am not rubbing the inside arches, even if I take the car for a trackday or sportier drive.

Note: the reason I did not went for wider wheels, is because BCforged did not recommend doing that on a standard supra. So I followed the manufacturer's advise.

3)
I am not abusing the wheels for weekly trackdays. 99% of the time it is a daily drive. Just loved the look of the wheels.
Not a particular reason why I did not went with forged monoblock. I don't require to run monoblocks :)
Do the rear wheels clear the brakes with enough space ? Because I ordered BC Forged wheels as well but with Offset 30 at the back and 22 in the front.

OP
OP
geert.bieseman

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do the rear wheels clear the brakes with enough space ? Because I ordered BC Forged wheels as well but with Offset 30 at the back and 22 in the front.

If I remember, it clears enough. But I don't have close-up pictures of it.
And as I am nog back on the original wheels (due to winter), can't take new pictures :)
Sponsored