Harbor freight tools

STi_to_GRzupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra MT Premium, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
holy hell man! I am jealous of your garage...MT supra, TRD pro 4Runner and an Aprilia RSV4rr. Goals!
That V4 engine sounds great, specially on top end rpm. I don’t ride as often anymore, so it just seats there.
Sponsored

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
You already have enough opinions here to make a decision but I’m bored so here is mine. The moment I left the automotive industry I sold all my snap-on, Matco, and expensive branded stuff. I walked into harbor freight like a pimp on Sunday morning and walked out with a few hundred pounds of new tools.
Has some of it committed self immolation? Yes. Did they replace it with no questions? Also yes. The low pro jack specifically has put in some serious work in my garage work shop. I can’t believe my undeveloped 20yr old brain was so keen on lighting money on fire every time I walked onto the snap-on truck.
HF ICON series of tools are damn fine products too.

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I buy most of my tools from them and have had no issues. I've broken a torque wrench of theirs...going the wrong direction, derp. A 10mm wrench broke once, but I think it had brake fluid on it. That's it. I've seen every brand break all the same, /shrug. I guess just have some awareness (with ALL tools) and you will hopefully be fine. HF has plenty of worthy products. I've bought their impacts and they work just fine, no issues. I used their tools to install 10's of thousands of dollars on my old car, to include a turbo kit. I used their shoddy jack stands for a long time, I have had multiple jacks from them, and they have worked so far. No cars falling, no scares, nothing.

To each their own, you can easily try them without going maximum overdrive and decide for yourself.

List of items I've bought from HF:
Pressure washers - No better or worse than the competition I've had
Jacks - No matter how cautious I am, I still am a little paranoid with jacks, but they've never failed me so far. I've bought 2-3 now, usually the low profile Daytona's
Jackstands - When I searched, mine supposedly were fine and I never had an issue. Lifted multiple cars multiple times, not one issue.
Gloves - Rubber and mechanical, no complaints, but the price compared to others is significantly less at HF
Wrenches, sockets, ratchets, hammers, impact and standard, and all other variation of tool - Like I mentioned above, a torque wrench blew up cause I was loosening something, which is a no no and a 10mm open end wrench broke out of the like 20 I have.
Tarps/Blankets - price is nice
Tool bags - They're tool bags, what is there to say?
Drills, sanders, some air tools, impacts, and more - Again, no issues. They work to get the job done. For more serious stuff I use the Earthquake and no complaints so far with any drills, etc.
And more...

point is, they've worked for me. I'd recommend trying a socket and ratchet set maybe, or some wrenches to see for yourself if you'd like em.

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
I buy most of my tools from them and have had no issues. I've broken a torque wrench of theirs...going the wrong direction, derp. A 10mm wrench broke once, but I think it had brake fluid on it. That's it. I've seen every brand break all the same, /shrug. I guess just have some awareness (with ALL tools) and you will hopefully be fine. HF has plenty of worthy products. I've bought their impacts and they work just fine, no issues. I used their tools to install 10's of thousands of dollars on my old car, to include a turbo kit. I used their shoddy jack stands for a long time, I have had multiple jacks from them, and they have worked so far. No cars falling, no scares, nothing.

To each their own, you can easily try them without going maximum overdrive and decide for yourself.

List of items I've bought from HF:
Pressure washers - No better or worse than the competition I've had
Jacks - No matter how cautious I am, I still am a little paranoid with jacks, but they've never failed me so far. I've bought 2-3 now, usually the low profile Daytona's
Jackstands - When I searched, mine supposedly were fine and I never had an issue. Lifted multiple cars multiple times, not one issue.
Gloves - Rubber and mechanical, no complaints, but the price compared to others is significantly less at HF
Wrenches, sockets, ratchets, hammers, impact and standard, and all other variation of tool - Like I mentioned above, a torque wrench blew up cause I was loosening something, which is a no no and a 10mm open end wrench broke out of the like 20 I have.
Tarps/Blankets - price is nice
Tool bags - They're tool bags, what is there to say?
Drills, sanders, some air tools, impacts, and more - Again, no issues. They work to get the job done. For more serious stuff I use the Earthquake and no complaints so far with any drills, etc.
And more...

point is, they've worked for me. I'd recommend trying a socket and ratchet set maybe, or some wrenches to see for yourself if you'd like em.
Thank you so much for this!!!

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I don't do nearly as much "wrenching" as many on here... so my HF stuff has held up pretty well.

I do more with woodworking, so I don't care for their (HF) options for the most part. It's less a matter of durability and more a matter of precision on that front. If it's a power tool... Japanese or German products are worth the extra IMO.

I've borrowed a bunch of Snap-On stuff from my father-in-law over the years... and I will say that the action on ratcheting products, etc. is way better (even after 20 years) than my HF stuff was when it was brand new. Still not worth it for someone like me (or you, it sounds like)... and the thousands I've saved let me buy more Makita and Festool products for the other side of the garage.
Sponsored