Harbor freight tools

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Does anybody on here use Harbor freight impact guns on wheel lug nuts or harbor freight low profile jacks? If so, how have they held up overtime? I typically buy hand tools and basic shit from harbor freight but wondering if I should spend the money on brand name stuff for the jack and impact or if the harbor freight stuff is sufficient. I am enticed by the low prices, just not sure about the quality/durability long term.
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Does anybody on here use Harbor freight impact guns on wheel lug nuts or harbor freight low profile jacks? If so, how have they held up overtime? I typically buy hand tools and basic shit from harbor freight but wondering if I should spend the money on brand name stuff for the jack and impact or if the harbor freight stuff is sufficient. I am enticed by the low prices, just not sure about the quality/durability long term.
I used a Harbor Freight torque wrench for 15 years, a jack for about 10 and now I am on jack #2.

I obviously wouldn't use the torque wrench for engine building but my wheels never fell off.

Mock01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Refraction A91
Yep. Like their low profile jack. Are their jack stands still prone to failing and killing you? Maybe not those. šŸ˜‚

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Anything that has the ability to explode and hurt/maim/kill you I would avoid Harbor Freight. From your list, that means jack stands and impact.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I use their Daytona long reach low profile jack. But I also never use jacks without secondary support, so a failure of the jack is immaterial to me.

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
I've used a bunch of harbor freight stuff. Mainly stuff for home renovations but I do have one of their low profile aluminum jacks to supplement my quickjack and its great. If I'm going to use something only a handful of times per year and I can get it for half the price at harbor freight I tend to go with harbor freight. Occasionally you'll get a dud, but whatever.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Iā€™ve been using an $80 low pro jack from them for 15 plus years now, never had a single problem with itā€¦All my power tools are Makita, my impact wrench will spin the earth off its axis, lolā€¦

STi_to_GRzupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra MT Premium, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Iā€™ve been using an $80 low pro jack from them for 15 plus years now, never had a single problem with itā€¦All my power tools are Makita, my impact wrench will spin the earth off its axis, lolā€¦
Yup, same here. Iā€™m still using one of their first low profile jack until today. I even used the 20% coupon šŸ˜šŸ’µ! Best money spent.

OP
OP
Jmanlevan

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Yup, same here. Iā€™m still using one of their first low profile jack until today. I even used the 20% coupon šŸ˜šŸ’µ! Best money spent.
Daytona or Pittsburgh jacks from them?

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I have two of their jacks. Both about 10yrs old, I think. No complaints.
I also use their Earthquake impact. No complaints.
For anything that needs to be precise, I buy name brand.