Dropped bolts, washers, nuts, small tools...

D K

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 TG
...what's the easiest way to get them out from the front bumper tray?

Any easy life hacks here or do I have to lift the car to retrieve the fruits of my butter fingers?
Sponsored

reroute

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
+1 for magnetic pickup tools. I would say get a flexible one though. You need a flexible one. Trust me.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I do this with those damn white plastic pieces from the clips all the time. I probably had 6 down there the last time I dropped the tray. Metal stuff? Absolutely one of those magnetic wands. Essential tool for the garage working on any car.

Reactions: D K

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Shake car up-side-down.. ? :dunno:

When I dropped a titanium bolt it was history. Magnet tool.. no good. Plus it's like an abyss inside the A90's engine bay. Unless you drop like a frikken toaster oven, it's gone. o_O

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Shake car up-side-down.. ? :dunno:

When I dropped a titanium bolt it was history. Magnet tool.. no good. Plus it's like an abyss inside the A90's engine bay. Unless you drop like a frikken toaster oven, it's gone. o_O
How is this post helpful in any way? Dude come on man. This is like the MO for you. Do you just post when you are drunk? Just fucking noise.

To the OP. magnet extender sticks are life changing, or you have to drop the pan.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
How is this post helpful in any way? Dude come on man. This is like the MO for you. Do you just post when you are drunk? Just fucking noise.

To the OP. magnet extender sticks are life changing, or you have to drop the pan.
Well not everyone is godly intelligent like you unfortunately. My post is just saying donā€™t feel bad, it happens to the best of us, let it go if you can.. otherwise remove the lower tray as others have already posted. What else are you going to post? I already mentioned magnet tool does not pickup everythingā€¦ and you got to find the lost fastener. GL finding it once dropped in there. :crazy:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Well not everyone is godly intelligent like you unfortunately. My post is just saying donā€™t feel bad, it happens to the best of us, let it go if you can.. otherwise remove the lower tray as others have already posted. What else are you going to post? I already mentioned magnet tool does not pickup everythingā€¦ and you got to find the lost fastener. GL finding it once dropped in there. :crazy:
Holy word salad. I rest my case.

Souriall91

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
You can also knock around and get an approximate location of the bolt, etc. youā€™ll hear the rattle. Then you can reach in from underneath the car.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Just get one of these for plastic, wood, or non-ferrous metal things. Apparently they're for hair clogs or something... I've just always used them for the stuff that falls off the back of my workbench or when I drop something small behind a network rack (which is daily in my case). :rolleyes:

Also a good idea to have at least one of these... to actually see where the hell that thing went in the first place.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
You can try to get it with the help of a vacuum cleaner. The option with a vacuum cleaner does not require investments, but it still delivers time and fuss. After all, as a rule, a vacuum cleaner is not always at hand, and the car version of the vacuum cleaner is weak and will cause more trouble than the result. Also, you can contact the auto repair shop and ask the auto mechanics to do it. If you need bolts, it will be easier to order them at scrooz.com.au since there is a possibility that the bolts that have been twisted are already unusable.
Best bot post so far. Well done.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I have three or four different magnets at the end of telescoping rods, one on a bendy metal stick thingy. Best investment ever.
Sponsored