Dropped bolts, washers, nuts, small tools...

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

Fuji808

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal Supra Premium
you can get some duct tape and wrap it on the end of a dowel or stiff wire and try to get it to stick to the tape.....if you don't have one of those magnetic telescoping rods

worked for me
i was actually able to retrieve a socket wrench that i dropped down there

Last edited:

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
If you have an air compressor, blow it out with a blow gun. Surprised nobody mentioned this, I haven’t poked around with a mirror and a magnet in years. A blow gun with a long wand works really well as you can stick it deep into whatever unholy crevice your hardware fell into. 5 bucks at any tool store.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
here's my thought on subject.

1. Don't drop it.
2. if you dropped it and have endoscope with grab tools available, use it. something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/DEPSTECH-Industrial-Inspection-Waterproof-Semi-Rigid/dp/B094XGX6GQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=KECC7THH88EZ&keywords=endoscope+camera+with+light&qid=1667273852&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI1LjM5IiwicXNhIjoiNS4zMiIsInFzcCI6IjUuMTIifQ==&sprefix=endo,aps,82&sr=8-4&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc
3. if you don't have endoscope, next best thing is magnet like other mentioned.
4. if it's non-megnetic, raise the car and drop the tray.

GL.
Last time I did this, I just accepted my fate and went from step 1 straight to step 4.

bananaberry

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
Last time I did this, I just accepted my fate and went from step 1 straight to step 4.
You followed any instructions for this? Finding myself in a similar situation now.

Also does anyone know if just removing the skid plate is enough to be able to reach underneath the engine bay for dropped stuff or does that require the tray to be removed as well?

Last edited:

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
You followed any instructions for this? Finding myself in a similar situation now.

Also does anyone know if just removing the skid plate is enough to be able to reach underneath the engine bay for dropped stuff or does that require the try to be removed as well?
I actually just removed the soft lining adjacent to the skid plate, and reached around/smacked the bottom of the car until I found what I dropped. I knew it would work eventually because what I dropped was toward the rear of the engine bay.
Sponsored