Has anyone added CarPlay to a base model with this?

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
I just did this today in my 2023 base 3.0 and wireless Carplay works flawlessly. Very simple process and very responsive customer service!
thank you kindly! Does the cable let you update other things on the laptop? Fake engine noise? Auto start/stop?

TPACISSP

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0
No, the cable is just a pass-through. You'd need the bimmercode module, Carly or something similar to change other settings.

BRCoding

First Name
Jakub
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, M2, 992

t4t3hybrid

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
1994 Nissan Skyline GTS-T
Hey
Bimmer-Remote representative here.
We have a solution that works with all Supra models (Base, 2.0, 3.0 Etc).
No additional hardware needed. It's just an OEM activation.

For any additional questions please contact us directly. Happy to reply and help!
awesome!!

t4t3hybrid

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Well guys
 after 5-6 attempts, the oem native carplay is a no-go. It apparently installed but won’t activate and Bluetooth won’t click on. I would like to thank Jacob wholeheartedly for all his efforts and for being so patient — I guess my car just wasn’t meant to be. Kudos and cheers to those who got their cars to work
 you’re so lucky!!!

1A6CB812-D66E-483F-AF53-E0495303E733.jpeg

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Well guys
 after 5-6 attempts, the oem native carplay was a no-go. It apparently installed but won’t activate and Bluetooth won’t click on. I thank Jacob for all his efforts and for being so patient — I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. Kudos and cheers to those who got their cars to work
 you’re so lucky!!!
you have a 2023?? Mine took 15 minutes and then locked the car up for 10 minutes. All set, no issues. Sorry mate!

t4t3hybrid

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
you have a 2023?? Mine took 15 minutes and then locked the car up for 10 minutes. All set, no issues. Sorry mate!
yes sir 2023 base supra with 31 miles

70627C76-67A1-4B70-9309-F36E15481181.jpeg

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
yes sir 2023 base supra with 31 miles
does the Bluetooth in the car work without issue? Really can’t believe it didn’t work for you. First I’ve heard of this

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
All Toyota factories should be shutdown for 6-12 months for not making CarPlay and AA standard on all Supra models. Just really poor customer relations. No way, it should be standard on every Corolla, but not the Supra.

Not a major rant...but it's clear they have invested very little in this agreement with BMW.

Okay...maybe a 90-day shutdown is better.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
All Toyota factories should be shutdown for 6-12 months for not making CarPlay and AA standard on all Supra models. Just really poor customer relations. No way, it should be standard on every Corolla, but not the Supra.

Not a major rant...but it's clear they have invested very little in this agreement with BMW.

Okay...maybe a 90-day shutdown is better.
Not much can be done. We have the old version of iDrive. Doubt BMW will let Toyota use iDrive 7. Read that it's not just software upgrade to get iDrive 7 either.

CKF201

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Well guys
 after 5-6 attempts, the oem native carplay is a no-go. It apparently installed but won’t activate and Bluetooth won’t click on. I would like to thank Jacob wholeheartedly for all his efforts and for being so patient — I guess my car just wasn’t meant to be. Kudos and cheers to those who got their cars to work
 you’re so lucky!!!

1A6CB812-D66E-483F-AF53-E0495303E733.jpeg
Have your tried deleting your phone from your car and forget this device from Bluetooth, after that click on car play and go to Bluetooth and connect and while it’s connecting go to Wi-Fi on your phone it should say something like carplay network it takes a few seconds for it to show, click on it and wait then it should be connected to carplay that’s how I had to do it with bimmercode.

t4t3hybrid

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Have your tried deleting your phone from your car and forget this device from Bluetooth, after that click on car play and go to Bluetooth and connect and while it’s connecting go to Wi-Fi on your phone it should say something like carplay network it takes a few seconds for it to show, click on it and wait then it should be connected to carplay that’s how I had to do it with bimmercode.
thank you buddy... but we actually couldn't even get as far as pairing the iphone to the car. it wouldn't even let us get that far because the [x] mark on the carplay cannot be launched/started. so whenever you click on it, it just gives off an error cannot connect warning. i do 110% recommend jacob and appreciate his time and efforts. but my car just won't do it no matter what we did.
Sponsored