Has anyone found that replacing the aluminum support bar behind the seats improves performance?

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
I got support for the strut towers in the front of my 2020 and noticed a bit of difference, which I like. Any real notice on replacing the bar behind the seats?
Sponsored

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I got support for the strut towers in the front of my 2020 and noticed a bit of difference, which I like. Any real notice on replacing the bar behind the seats?
Sticker stamp it for 5whp each sticker

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
The Cusco and United Speed Racing replacements are stronger, but not sure how much extra rigidity they provide as the they still utilize the same flimsy OEM metal mounting points.

I did notice an improvement with the Cusco brace that replaces the OEM unit and uses the same mounting locations outside under the car.

I prefer the look of the OEM trunk bar as the aftermarket option are round and look unfinished with the side brackets. If only someone made one that fits the side brackets better - either entirely the same shape as the factory one, only stronger/solid or taper the ends to fit the brackets.

I just kept mine and added the extra 2 LED strips from my footwell lighting kit under the bar.

IMG-6994.jpg

Narwahl

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gti
The Cusco and United Speed Racing replacements are stronger, but not sure how much extra rigidity they provide as the they still utilize the same flimsy OEM metal mounting points.

I did notice an improvement with the Cusco brace that replaces the OEM unit and uses the same mounting locations outside under the car.

I prefer the look of the OEM trunk bar as the aftermarket option are round and look unfinished with the side brackets. If only someone made one that fits the side brackets better - either entirely the same shape as the factory one, only stronger/solid or taper the ends to fit the brackets.

I just kept mine and added the extra 2 LED strips from my footwell lighting kit under the bar.

IMG-6994.jpg
What was running the wiring like for the lights? Looks a lot better with the subtle glow

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
What was running the wiring like for the lights? Looks a lot better with the subtle glow
Thanks!

It wasn't too difficult. I had wired my front and rear dash cam wires up the A-pillars and headliner, but ran the lights through each door sill, up the panels behind the subs (just under where the plastic trim meets the carpeting) and out at the base of each side of the bar.

I just used a trim tool to tuck in the wiring since I didn't want to remove too many panels.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
Thanks!

It wasn't too difficult. I had wired my front and rear dash cam wires up the A-pillars and headliner, but ran the lights through each door sill, up the panels behind the subs (just under where the plastic trim meets the carpeting) and out at the base of each side of the bar.

I just used a trim tool to tuck in the wiring since I didn't want to remove too many panels.
That's exactly what I did as well.
Sponsored