Help choosing Aero

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I love the Fly1Motorsports lip, when I bought the car it had a damaged one on there and the owner had a new one not installed yet. I waited a couple months and felt comfortable putting the new lip on and then construction got the new one. So I ordered a Seibon, but like you said the fitment is usually crap in my experience.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
OK So now that I have a wing (ended up with the Verus and am VERY happy with it) Im trying to decide on front lip. I appreciate all the context, additions, and comments everyone has added to this thread. Heres what Im thinking:

Verus Engineering Front Splitter
Pros: Measurable downforce, high quality, priced well, quick shipping
Cons: Not the prettiest, doesn't replace factory lip

Front Splitter Kit - Mk5 Toyota Supra.jpeg

APR Front Air Dam
Pros: Looks Good
Cons: Add on (doesnt replace factory lip), long shipping times, questionable downforce

2020-Supra-Parts-Installed-LR-1-500x500.jpg

3D Design Carbon Front Lip
Pros: Beautiful, replaces stock lip, high quality, allegedly in stock at IND
Cons: Questionable downforce, IND is a terrible shop lately

3101-62911_3_1024x1024.jpg

PhD x Spage Front Lip
Pros: Looks good, replaces stock lip
Cons: Questionable build time, quality, downforce

WeChat_Image_20200309161149_1024x1024.jpg

EVS Tuning front lip:
Pros: Replaces front lip, has an optional splitter
Cons: Not in love with the look, but dont hate it. Questionable downforce. Questionable shipping time. Unknown fitment, cant find anyone with install instructions

EVS-A90-FL_960x960.jpg

Others that I have looked at and am not interested in:

Fly1, Rexspeed, Artesan Spirits, INGS, HKS, Pandem, Varis,

So what am i missing? Any thoughts on these?

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
So what am i missing? Any thoughts on these?
I love the 3D designs splitter based purely on aesthetics. I also really like the Verus design because it's functional, but it doesn't catch my eye like 3D.

I'm torn between the two because I can't decide if I want to rely solely on mechanical grip or add aero. I've never driven a car on the track with aero that was strong enough to affect the cornering speeds. I think that if the downforce generated from Verus parts (wing, splitters, diffuser) can reduce my laptime at my hometrack (Barber Motorsports Park) by as much as a second then I would go Verus over the 3D Designs lip. That would be enough to overcome the downside of aero (reduced visibility, MPG, damage risk from daily driving, etc.).

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I love the 3D designs splitter based purely on aesthetics. I also really like the Verus design because it's functional, but it doesn't catch my eye like 3D.

I'm torn between the two because I can't decide if I want to rely solely on mechanical grip or add aero. I've never driven a car on the track with aero that was strong enough to affect the cornering speeds. I think that if the downforce generated from Verus parts (wing, splitters, diffuser) can reduce my laptime at my hometrack (Barber Motorsports Park) by as much as a second then I would go Verus over the 3D Designs lip. That would be enough to overcome the downside of aero (reduced visibility, MPG, damage risk from daily driving, etc.).
Yep, youre right there with me on this.

Tell me, what reduced visibility are you worried about?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Yeah, you can order any width you'd like, it should fit as long as you buy the corresponding mount for your car. I ordered a 1480mm. From what I've seen, it seems like most vendors are importing the 1520mm or 1560mm.
Evasive states 1520mm on their site. So I am assuming mine is 1520mm. I feel 1560mm or 1590mm would have been a better fit. What was the shipping cost?

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island
Full verus or go home

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
Spage Sport splitter for the performance side.
LG Performance lip and fender 'heritage' spats for the cosmetics.

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
Yep, youre right there with me on this.

Tell me, what reduced visibility are you worried about?
Some of the rear spoilers place the air foil right in your review mirror’s line of sight, making it hard to see what’s behind you.

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Evasive states 1520mm on their site. So I am assuming mine is 1520mm. I feel 1560mm or 1590mm would have been a better fit. What was the shipping cost?
Total shipping for the wing + mount was about 53000 JPY ($462 USD). In total I paid just under $2500.
That might come as a sticker shock, but overall it was still significantly cheaper than anywhere else I could find. Nengun puts orders in directly with Voltex, though most other vendors probably do too.

Speaking of sticker shock, I ordered a Kuhl lip kit from Nengun as well, the shipping for all that was ~$1400.

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Some of the rear spoilers place the air foil right in your review mirror’s line of sight, making it hard to see what’s behind you.
Gotcha. If its helpful, you cant see the Verus wing at all.