Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Fuckers left the spring seat on the front lol. Can’t trust anyone these days

9025873A-7BA1-4865-A09D-B0079D9A585B.jpeg

A870870C-20BC-439C-BCC8-A8C0FBC63043.jpeg
That's why i wanted a pic of the full strut, i had a feeling they didn't hammer out the old OEM spring hat from the bottom of the strut. It looked like it was floating on something, especially it being "maxed out" lowered...
Sponsored

OP
OP

drave199

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2016 Ram Diesel
That's why i wanted a pic of the full strut, i had a feeling they didn't hammer out the old OEM spring hat from the bottom of the strut. It looked like it was floating on something, especially it being "maxed out" lowered...
Yeah I’m sure it was an honest mistake but frustrating still. The paper instructions that come with the springs does say to remove it and doesn’t ever say to reinstall. But it also doesn’t say that it won’t be reused like it does for some other parts, kinda weird. But in some videos it’s pretty clear to remove and not reuse. I was hesitant to do it myself and figured a shop should be able to do it easier than me and the install price seemed reasonable. Is what it is, now they just need to fix it as I’m sure they will.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I’m sure it was an honest mistake but frustrating still. The paper instructions that come with the springs does say to remove it and doesn’t ever say to reinstall. But it also doesn’t say that it won’t be reused like it does for some other parts, kinda weird. But in some videos it’s pretty clear to remove and not reuse. I was hesitant to do it myself and figured a shop should be able to do it easier than me and the install price seemed reasonable. Is what it is, now they just need to fix it as I’m sure they will.
I can understand them from a "non enthusiast" aspect... it would look like it still needed the bottom strut mount because if you took that off, it looks like that "lock perch system" HKS provides wouldn't have anything to hold it in place alone... some of these people don't know that because they just know how to work with a stock car or put a car back to "stock" essentially, not modify it or anything of that sort... just start looking for a new shop that actually ARE enthusiasts because the passionate drive is different that someone just collecting a check.

OP
OP

drave199

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I can understand them from a "non enthusiast" aspect... it would look like it still needed the bottom strut mount because if you took that off, it looks like that "lock perch system" HKS provides wouldn't have anything to hold it in place alone... some of these people don't know that because they just know how to work with a stock car or put a car back to "stock" essentially, not modify it or anything of that sort... just start looking for a new shop that actually ARE enthusiasts because the passionate drive is different that someone just collecting a check.
I’ll give them an opportunity to make it right, I know shit happens as I run a marine service department myself. They have a pretty good following and good reviews but they work on mostly subarus and evos. But can’t be that much different.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll give them an opportunity to make it right, I know shit happens as I run a marine service department myself. They have a pretty good following and good reviews but they work on mostly subarus and evos. But can’t be that much different.
Hehe, my shop/me specializes in GTR's and Evo's... some people are prideful i guess to read instructions or watch videos lol

OP
OP

drave199

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hehe, my shop/me specializes in GTR's and Evo's... some people are prideful i guess to read instructions or watch videos lol
Pretty limited where I’m at. Lots of tuner shops like these. Called a lot places and no one had really worked on these locally. Some shops wanted like $1200+ To install them.

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma

That is absolutely fucked. This could have caused suspension failure and a massive accident. They are lucky you asked for it to be as low as possible. Higher settings would have had a stronger lever action on the coil adapter. I wouldnt let them assemble a set of spoons after they did that to a car.

If you were closer I would just help you fix it, legit an hour or so of a job. Genuinely I wouldnt go back to that shop, this is basic shit.

Edit: You need to make sure your strut isnt damaged after this, if the coil adapter can move around and touch the strut it can cause the seal to fail.

Edit2: while you are at it check the rear and make sure its done correctly. Make sure the spring is in the correct direction. Make sure all your height sensors are clipped in and connected. Same with the dynamic suspension connectors. Also make sure all your lines and wires are clipped into the holders.

OP
OP

drave199

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That is absolutely fucked. This could have caused suspension failure and a massive accident. They are lucky you asked for it to be as low as possible. Higher settings would have had a stronger lever action on the coil adapter. I wouldnt let them assemble a set of spoons after they did that to a car.

If you were closer I would just help you fix it, legit an hour or so of a job. Genuinely I wouldnt go back to that shop, this is basic shit.

Edit: You need to make sure your strut isnt damaged after this, if the coil adapter can move around and touch the strut it can cause the seal to fail.

Edit2: while you are at it check the rear and make sure its done correctly. Make sure the spring is in the correct direction. Make sure all your height sensors are clipped in and connected. Same with the dynamic suspension connectors. Also make sure all your lines and wires are clipped into the holders.
You really think it could have damaged something? What exactly is the coil adapter your referring to?

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
True, if you were closer, me and the boys would've taken care of your car, we've done so much for our group already to the point that we can do it with our eyes closed lol. @mokleen is next if he can stop fuckin around and get some springs already lmao

OP
OP

drave199

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
True, if you were closer, me and the boys would've taken care of your car, we've done so much for our group already to the point that we can do it with our eyes closed lol. @mokleen is next if he can stop fuckin around and get some springs already lmao
You agree with the other guy in that this may have caused some damage to something? Not sure if the hks sleeve maybe is damage because my forced over the spring seat?

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You agree with the other guy in that this may have caused some damage to something? Not sure if the hks sleeve maybe is damage because my forced over the spring seat?
Depends on how much your car was driven after install... have you hit any major potholes after install..?

OP
OP

drave199

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Depends on how much your car was driven after install... have you hit any major potholes after install..?
Got about 60 miles on it. No pot holes, roads aren’t great and a little bouncy for sure. If I take it back to them, that’ll be another 20 miles or so.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You should be fine... as long as you weren't doing irresponsible things on the drive home after the install, your struts should be fine... it's a good thing you caught it before things could get worse.

OP
OP

drave199

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You should be fine... as long as you weren't doing irresponsible things on the drive home after the install, your struts should be fine... it's a good thing you caught it before things could get worse.
Define irresponsible things lol
Sponsored