How did you install radar and dashcam?

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Glad noone is crying over not having a PnP harness like those folks over in the horn install thread.. :crazy:

I too just tapped the fuse box under the passenger footwell and ran a wire up the A-pillar and mounted my MAX360C using blend mount. Very cool.
I was thinking about doing that, do you have a pic?
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
there actually is a plug and play tap in option with the Blendmount and pulling power from the mirror. Thatā€™s how I did it in my M4cs and my Supra with the Redline 360c.

When I had my C63s, I had to tap from the fuse box and she pulled power right from the mirror on her M4. I was jelly. So when we got the Supra, I said ā€œhey you know exactly how this install goes since you did your M4, so youā€™re doing it on my carā€

took her 15 minutes
You're right, they do sell taps. I use it on my STI. However, I could not tell which wire was the right one to tap back 4 yrs ago when people did not know what a BMW Supra was :crazy: so took the safe route and just tapped the fuse box.

I own three 360C's.. that's a lot of burgers.

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
Glad noone is crying over not having a PnP harness like those folks over in the horn install thread.. :crazy:

I too just tapped the fuse box under the passenger footwell and ran a wire up the A-pillar and mounted my MAX360C using blend mount. Very cool.
Right there with you puzzled. Here's my install of my R7.

20240402_200459.jpg

aorizun

First Name
Weerit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Premium, '05 S2000, '92 Civic Si

Which blend mount are you using? I had mine installed today and can no longer position my rear view mirror to where I need it to be.

Carbon0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Has anyone hardwired a dashcam battery before if so which fuse did you connect it to?

AZ Zupra

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2009 GX470

Carbon0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/blackvue-dr900s-2ch-install-diy.4921/
The above writeup is fantastic and covers battery install. I'm running a Viofo 4K dual dashcam on the Blackvue battery.
Thanks. This is what Iā€™m planning on following but they are using the cigarette lighter fuse and I use my cigarette lighter to fast charge my phone. I asked in that thread and didnā€™t get a response so I thought I would ask here which fuse I can use instead. It would be great if it could have itā€™s own fuse

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Thanks. This is what Iā€™m planning on following but they are using the cigarette lighter fuse and I use my cigarette lighter to fast charge my phone. I asked in that thread and didnā€™t get a response so I thought I would ask here which fuse I can use instead. It would be great if it could have itā€™s own fuse
I run this exact setup and have had no problems. IIRC the Euro spec cars have a 12vdc plug in the rear hatch area. It is not present in US Spec cars. If you look at the fuse diagram, there are 2 fuses for 12vdc, F46 in the front panel under the dash for the front plug and F273 in the rear fuse panel for the rear plug. I used F273 as it does not actually power anything as I do not have a rear 12vdc outlet. Works great

EDIT: To be fair, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever plugged anything into the 12vdc outlet

Last edited:

Carbon0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I run this exact setup and have had no problems. IIRC the Euro spec cars have a 12vdc plug in the rear hatch area. It is not present in US Spec cars. If you look at the fuse diagram, there are 2 fuses for 12vdc, F46 in the front panel under the dash for the front plug and F273 in the rear fuse panel for the rear plug. I used F273 as it does not actually power anything as I do not have a rear 12vdc outlet. Works great

EDIT: To be fair, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever plugged anything into the 12vdc outlet
Oh thatā€™s great. Thank you so much. I thought this would share with the front 12vdc. Great to know that it would not.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
I replaced the two suction cups which tend to fail anyways with 3M plastic velcro tape (similar to this one https://a.co/d/7cdqqZ0 ) and got everything as close to the headliner as I could. This way I can move it from one vehicle to the next whenever I want to. These cars already have terrible visibility and getting a mount that hangs the radar under the rearview mirror or even using the larger suction cup mount that comes with the radar was just gonna make things worst IMHO. I can still use the visor within it's usable/effective range, just not fully open it which for me was perfectly fine.
Just want to quote this for emphasis, as my experience is the same. There's already a decent blindspot on the other side of the rear view mirror, no need to make it larger. I have mine tucked up by the headliner as you've shown and it doesn't impede visibility at all.
Sponsored