How much louder is Active Autowerke downpipe over stock?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Mostly, it's a bit deeper and throatier, not that much louder than stock. On the 21s, it seems to allow for more pops and bangs in sport mode, kind of like the 2020 Supras.

The loudness of the pop roughly correlates with where in the rev band you are.
+1

cold start and the wide-open throttle are a lot louder, regular driving is close in sound with a deeper tone.Perfectly balanced in my opinion
Sponsored

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
AA catted is very much the perfect complement to the OEM catback exhaust, just adds a nice boost to the volume while keeping the civil when driven in comfort/normal mode. I have noticed just the slightest hint of drone at 80mph in normal, but it's incredibly minute and only really noticeable when you're cruising in absolute silence.

Got to definitely keep the valve closed if you're in sport mode and going above 5th gear and 2400 RPM.

Dear god.

The start up roar is not for cat heating. This is used ONLY when the car is warm enough to rev at startup. There is however a setting for cat warming that can be disabled which is what makes true cold starts loud.

That being said cold start with an AA catted pipe and stock exhaust is not that much louder that it would piss people off (ran this setup for a few months before my HKS came in). If you are asking about a catless pipe that might be getting close to pissing people off volume.

How make car roar.

It's really annoying when you get that absolutely perfect startup roar at a gas station when filling up, and people are ogling the car, and then you get this little pathetic cough and some rasp later.
Sponsored