How To Disable Dynamic Radar (Adaptive Cruise Control) & Still Use Cruise Control

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Love tailgating? Riding bumpers? Tired of Cruise Control constantly speeding you up and slowing you down? Tired of your speed dropping when the car in front of you is 1000 yards away?

This isn't stated in the manual, so I thought I would share as I hate the car telling me what to do when cruising. By disabling the radar, the cruise control will act "old school" and only maintain your desired speed. It will not slow down/speed up until you intervene and tell it to do so.

Step 1: Turn On Cruise Control
Step 2: Set Your Desired Speed
Step 3: Hold The Dynamic Radar Button Down for 5-10 seconds (pic 1 - red circle)

Dynamic Radar is now off and cruise control will only function to maintain your speeds regardless if there is a car or boulder 6 feet in front of you.

Step 4: Confirmation: You will see that the Radar Icon is now gone (pic 2) and is now replaced with a new icon (tach style cruise icon - pic 3). This icon even shows up in your HUD (pic 3).

9856.jpg

741.png

2145.jpg
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Lol I thought you were going to say Call 1-800-Cruise control now to get your....

Anyhow interesting tip. I am bothered where it almost emergency brakes when someone is turning in slowly, but I love the dynamic as well. I'll give it a try just to see.

OP
OP
30MilesOffshore

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Bwahahaha! Give it a try as it resets back to default settings once you turn the cruise control off or turn the car off. So you can disable/enable the radar anytime you want.

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
You can also just hold down the dynamic radar button to set the speed for around 3 seconds.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Thanks for the info!!!

Now the "nerd" side of me found this out unexpectedly when trying to figure it out 3 days after getting the car. was trying to figure out which button set the cruise distance and unknowingly cut off the adaptive radar. Was actually going to contact dealer when it reset after turning off the car......

Felt like a really big D-U-H!!!!:dunno:

Thanks again.....
Sponsored