Inexpensive TSW Kemora wheels (18x10.5 et 35) - anyone run them?

adawine

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra
275/40/18 for a more accurate speedo reading. Most 275 tires will sit flush on a 10.5” wheel.
Sponsored

OP
OP

tomfree

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
Dead thread bump...some lessons learned on these rims - both good and bad. I just googled, and you can still find these wheels for about $130.

A friend of mine running OLOA last year in his '16 Audi TT ran a set of these exact same wheels, but on 285/30/18 vs me running on 275s, both of us running on the Conti ECS02. We had the same use case - 5K overall miles, 2 skidpad sessions, 1 autocross, and 14 time trial sessions.

He's a faster driver than me, and more likely to bang off of curbs than I am, so his wheels paid the price. He bent at least 2 of them, visibly. No cracks, no problems holding air...but bent. I checked mine after the event, and they seem to have escaped with no bends, cracks, etc. I plan to run mine in OLOA '24, assuming life allows me to go again.

We talked about it post event and came up with this - the combination of his shorter sidewall and higher aggression level was too much for these.

So...how would an "expensive" wheel (Enkei GTC02, Titan7, Apex, etc.) have held up in the same use case as the $130/wheel TSWs? Dunno.

The Cayman S I ran in '22 OLOA was on Titan7s, and we bent one of the front rims (we think) on OLOA, but that's apples to oranges.