Insomniac

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Premium GR
Hello,

So, I've been having some trouble with my car's CarPlay. Last week, I had to reconnect my phone to the car multiple times because it kept disconnecting. And guess what? This week, the whole system reset itself and wiped out my profile! I tried to add my phone again, but the system kept resetting every minute or so.

I thought it might be a battery issue, so I fully charged it with a battery tender and tried again. Still no luck. I've got an appointment next week to get it checked out, but I thought I'd ask here in case anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,
Richard
Sponsored

BobBelcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Had a similar issue in the past. Started off as the infotainment would randomly turn off then back on. I would lose my Carplay connection and have to re-add the phone. After a week or two of that, the infotainment started cycling off, then back on (radio only, no ability to control or use it, just static or random AM station), off again, repeat. Neither the # buttons below the screen nor the steering wheel buttons would interact with the system. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didnt. Dealer had to order a new touchscreen to fix the issue.

It never prevented the car from driving around. It just made it impossible to change any settings or do anything the screen had control of. Good luck with yours.

OP
OP
Insomniac

Insomniac

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Premium GR
Had a similar issue in the past. Started off as the infotainment would randomly turn off then back on. I would lose my Carplay connection and have to re-add the phone. After a week or two of that, the infotainment started cycling off, then back on (radio only, no ability to control or use it, just static or random AM station), off again, repeat. Neither the # buttons below the screen nor the steering wheel buttons would interact with the system. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didnt. Dealer had to order a new touchscreen to fix the issue.

It never prevented the car from driving around. It just made it impossible to change any settings or do anything the screen had control of. Good luck with yours.
Sounds exactly the same as mine right now.

Thanks

OP
OP
Insomniac

Insomniac

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Premium GR
They updated my software and I’m up and running again.

Richard
Sponsored