Installed catless down pipes , few questions

nksupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Has anyone done a dyno comparison between a high flow cat downpipe vs race downpipe on a stock tune? Then with a "tuned" car? Curious about the difference in power between the 4 options;
At a minimum I would like to see the flow rates. Only Wagner has posted the flow rates for stock, their catted, and their catless. But hard to compare with others since they havenā€™t posted. Otherwise itā€™s all just marketing.

hopefully twisted tuning comes out with a catted version, because their modular catless one is looking great
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Abdulisraddd

Abdulisraddd

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
You're smelling the smell in the car? While driving? Parked?

I would make sure you dont have a leak at the downpipe. As for the CEL, it's for the cat removal. Having the light wont hurt the car

Why are you going to Gintani to tune this car?
to be honest Iā€™m so stuck between where to get a tune . I only choose gintani because they are down the street and I like knowing I have a shop I can go to. But now that I keep searching Iā€™m kind of stuck. Iā€™ve heard great things from bm3 users and mhd but I still canā€™t find too much because the cars are relatively new. I was also looking into RKtunes and yes because of YouTube lol Iā€™m open to taking suggestions thanks for all the replies btw this was my first post and this community has proved to be very legit :thumbsup:

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
to be honest Iā€™m so stuck between where to get a tune . I only choose gintani because they are down the street and I like knowing I have a shop I can go to. But now that I keep searching Iā€™m kind of stuck. Iā€™ve heard great things from bm3 users and mhd but I still canā€™t find too much because the cars are relatively new. I was also looking into RKtunes and yes because of YouTube lol Iā€™m open to taking suggestions thanks for all the replies btw this was my first post and this community has proved to be very legit :thumbsup:
Bootmod3 is the overall best tune in my opinion. its reliable with strong off the shelf maps and the option to get custom maps for more power.
Customer can also change all setting using the bm3 interface, without any tuning knowledge required and without having to pay a tuner for a new map.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6

Completely understand. People come to me asking quite often the same questions about where to go with tuning. What info are you looking for? Subjectively speaking IMO MHD and Ecutek is the platforms with the most potential. Why? Subjectively speaking to this point MHD and Ecutek have had far better logging, far more truly custom features (IE- re-writing the ECU code to add things that aren't there natively). Racerom for Ecutek and Flash options for MHD. If you want me to get more precise on what features, i can, but you can also google it pretty easily. Bootmod is fine, i just feel the other two are better platforms and you also aren't tied to a cloud based system which also has its pros and cons.

As far as tuners, i don't speak about other tuners. I can only speak for me and what i am capable of. I have been a part of BMW development for several years with MHD, as well as Ecutek software and etc. I'm my own company but i am contracted out by several other companies to do tuning for them globally. In reference to these cars, I've done stock turbo, pure turbo, and large single turbo tuning. We have our own car so as not to test new and custom features on other peoples cars. we've made anywhere from 450whp-700whp on these cars specifically, and we are about to be in the 800s (hopefully the first) soon on our car when we get back on the dyno.

Anyway, tuning, choose who you want, just make sure they truly have a grasp on what they are doing.
Sponsored