Installed a Titan Catless Downpipe Yesterday...

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Bought a Titan Catless Downpipe when I got the car in '21 and finally got around to installing it after getting the car tuned with BM3 CustomROM.

Also, changed the oil for the first time since I bought it new and got rid of the watery oil - oil only had 1800 miles on it and was nasty. I cut the filter open too and found some small pieces that looked like metal - probably normal new car stuff.

I bought a new downpipe gasket just to be safe.

I used this advice from user @SD_MK
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/fo...lled-their-downpipes.13930/page-2#post-207919

My downpipe just fell out of the exhaust connection, but I cleaned the inside of it and put some anti-seize in case I need to remove it in the future.

One thing I ran into was my vband was stuck on - I had to use a pry bar to force it open.

I also made a mistake by I tightened the vband and the hanger nuts too much and couldn't get the exhaust to come forward enough to get the OEM exhuast back on the hanger that is by the passenger door - I loosened everything back up and got it to back to the hanger no problem.

I did it in my garage on jackstands by myself with chocks behind the rear tires and ramps under the front wheels just in case anything would fall - you can never be TOO SAFE when working under a car. I also used a jackstand to keep the stock exhaust up and out of my way. I used a football for a pillow too ;)

It took me about 3 hours from jacking the car up, but knowing how to do it now, could have it done probably less than an hour.

Goal for the car is just a fun/sporty street car, after I get the BM3 Flex Fuel adapter and start putting in ethanol and an EOS Manifold- the next step up is new turbo/built transmission,etc...which not sure I would be doing.

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

Downpipey.jpg
Sponsored

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
Nice write-up - how do you like the downpipe? I think replacing mine took 3 hours as well (in part due to some stupidity) and agree that its definitely one of those things that if you had to do it again...probably an hour. I guess that goes for most car projects though..

OP
OP
MisterSkiz

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Nice write-up - how do you like the downpipe? I think replacing mine took 3 hours as well (in part due to some stupidity) and agree that its definitely one of those things that if you had to do it again...probably an hour. I guess that goes for most car projects though..
I love it - power and sound.

I think the OEM exhaust with this is perfect. No droning on the freeway, but loud when you get on it.

I run every morning and lift weights and I always am so sore and bruised after laying on my back working on cars.....

a91mt.hi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' A91 MT CU Later Gray
I did DP as well, and you took better precautions than I.

But like you, my back was hell bruised after this. But, enjoyed the sound and added throttle response.

Stock exhaust paired with an aftermarket DP sounds very good! IMHO

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a Titan Catless Downpipe when I got the car in '21 and finally got around to installing it after getting the car tuned with BM3 CustomROM.

Also, changed the oil for the first time since I bought it new and got rid of the watery oil - oil only had 1800 miles on it and was nasty. I cut the filter open too and found some small pieces that looked like metal - probably normal new car stuff.

I bought a new downpipe gasket just to be safe.

I used this advice from user @SD_MK
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/fo...lled-their-downpipes.13930/page-2#post-207919

My downpipe just fell out of the exhaust connection, but I cleaned the inside of it and put some anti-seize in case I need to remove it in the future.

One thing I ran into was my vband was stuck on - I had to use a pry bar to force it open.

I also made a mistake by I tightened the vband and the hanger nuts too much and couldn't get the exhaust to come forward enough to get the OEM exhuast back on the hanger that is by the passenger door - I loosened everything back up and got it to back to the hanger no problem.

I did it in my garage on jackstands by myself with chocks behind the rear tires and ramps under the front wheels just in case anything would fall - you can never be TOO SAFE when working under a car. I also used a jackstand to keep the stock exhaust up and out of my way. I used a football for a pillow too ;)

It took me about 3 hours from jacking the car up, but knowing how to do it now, could have it done probably less than an hour.

Goal for the car is just a fun/sporty street car, after I get the BM3 Flex Fuel adapter and start putting in ethanol and an EOS Manifold- the next step up is new turbo/built transmission,etc...which not sure I would be doing.

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

Downpipey.jpg
I forgot i did a write up on how to install a downpipe lol. Glad it helped you out. 👍