Testbirds_Jan

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Dear forum users,

My name is Jan and I am working for the Munich-based company Testbirds. We are working together with BMW and a dedicated testing community on our platform on beta tests of the MY BMW App.

BMW is also in charge of developing the Toyota Supra Connect App and since there are big news and updates planned for the App in May, we would like to open up the opportunity for Toyota Supra GR drivers to become beta testers on our platform as well.

Who can become a beta tester?
Drivers of a Toyota Supra GR (J29) from Japan, France, Spain, Germany, United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Italy, New Zealand, Sweden, Switzerland with further markets to be added in the future.

All the feedback we will receive from you and all the bugs you report on our platform go directly to BMW, where the test results are being funneled into the development process of the App. For about two years already, we have been working with a community of testers for BMW and as drivers really appreciate the opportunity to be part of the App development process, we are excited to open up the opportunity for Toyota Supra GR drivers as well with beta tests starting in May.

Of course, participating in tests will also be compensated and you are completely free in whether or not you sign up for the respective test invitations you receive.

If you would like register to become a tester or to read up some information about our project and collaboration with BMW, you are welcome to do so here: www.testbirds.com/bmw-cars

I am happy to answer your questions below.
Sponsored

Reactions: JT

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Refraction 2021 Lexus UX250H
Any time frame for the US to get the updates?

hanswurst24

First Name
Hendrik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0
BMW is also in charge of developing the Toyota Supra Connect App and since there are big news and updates planned for the App in May, we would like to open up the opportunity for Toyota Supra GR drivers to become beta testers on our platform as well.
Is it planned to release the app for Android too or still iOS only? (currently the Toyota Supra Connect application is only available for iOS and all other systems have to use the website...)
Does testing the app mean testing the smartphone application or also the website?
If only the smartphone app is tested and there is no Android app on the horizon, that would leave some of us out of the picture...

Some additional information on what is necessary to become a beta tester would be nice.

OP
OP

Testbirds_Jan

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Thanks for your replies.

@jchall30
Please understand that we are only the beta testing partner of BMW, so we do not receive any concrete up-front information on release plans. The information regarding the countries from my original post also only relates to locations currently eligible for beta-testing on our platform, so a US-release of the App is not ruled out and might still happen. If you are interested in the beta tests in general, you can feel free to register and once we can include US-based testers to the tests, you will obviously be invited.

@hanswurst24
We mainly run beta tests for the various smartphone apps (MY BMW, MINI App and the Supra App soon). Occasionally, we also conduct interviews that focus more on user experience or set up different kinds of surveys to get direct input from our testers. Our platform allows for the setup of all kinds of various tests and developers as well as other departments at BMW have already made use of our platform to get directly into touch and run tests with our community.

As for further requirements, you actually don't need anything else besides your smartphone (and in this case your car obviously :)) to become a beta tester on our platform.

Tapis

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra & 2023 BMW i4 eDrive35
Good morning,
If you ever need someone from Canada, hit me up :)

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
I'm an android user, so this will probably come off as a really dumb question: what features would this app entail?

OP
OP

Testbirds_Jan

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Hi @Tapis . We welcome everyone in our testing community and you are welcome to sign up if you'd like. Just know that beta testing with North American testers will not start in May, but hopefully a little later.

@hanswurst24 Sorry for not replying to your initial question. The App will be on Android as well, so we are going to run our beta tests on both, iOS and Android.

@MKV2021 It is not a dumb question at all and I would be happy to answer it, but sadly we are, as I've mentioned above, not the developers of the App and only the testing partner. So I really don't know about anything feature-related, but a good idea might be to look at BMW's new My BMW App as that might host a feature set that could be the target for the Supra GR App. ;)

bigcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Too bad, Taiwan is not included.:(
Sponsored