Is there a Bimmercode to change wheel volume to next track?

blvckmachina

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 2021
I like to have all my mp3s on random and use next track to go through them. The wheel control just goes to the next alphabetical track so its useless and not random.

If there is a Bimmercode to change the wheel volume up and down to next and previous track I might have to invest in one.

Its not bad to reach over to the next and previous on the dash but Id love it on the wheel. An oversight not to have next/prev on the wheel
Sponsored

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
I like to have all my mp3s on random and use next track to go through them. The wheel control just goes to the next alphabetical track so its useless and not random.
- are you connecting via phone? just shuffle the playlist..

If there is a Bimmercode to change the wheel volume up and down to next and previous track I might have to invest in one.
- nope, i've explored, either there isn't or too complicated for me

Its not bad to reach over to the next and previous on the dash but Id love it on the wheel. An oversight not to have next/prev on the wheel
- the wheel is used for previous and next. look at your HUD. scroll up for previous, scroll down for next
^ see bold

OP
OP
blvckmachina

blvckmachina

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 2021
^ see bold
via phone/bluetooth the wheel works fine the way id want it to, but via USB MP3s when you put it on all titles with shuffle on, the wheel doesn't function as it does for phone connect

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
ah i see why you mentioned mp3s now. sorry, i've no experience. what i can say is the supra's iDrive was used on previous gen BMWs if you'd like to explore forums/videos on the same issue you have!

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
My Acura has both volume and track on the wheel so this little quirk in the Supra drives me nuts.
You can skip/previous tracks by clicking the idrive controller knob to the left (prev) and right (next) which is better than trying to use the arrows on the dash by the numbers

remember to click the knob not twist

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
If you want to be able to skip tracks with buttons, one option is to switch to a bmw style wheel with the appropriate buttons:

Photo Apr 22 2023, 6 48 54 PM 2.jpg

Now if I could only get all of the CC buttons working, that would be great, but Bimmercode doesnt access that module on the Supra.
Sponsored