Is there a check list for new car pickup?

Grubb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT (Jan/2023)
Hopefully I’ll be picking up my 2023 3.0 MT soon.
I was wondering if anyone has put together a list of what to check when picking up the car from the dealership. I know the usual for scratches and dings but what else should I be looking for? If you don’t have a list, tell me what you did and I’ll pit the list together.

Dealership is 600 miles from the house so I don’t want to miss anything. TIA.
Sponsored

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
A paint gauge tool to assure no paint work.

And say NO NO NO to all the finance upsells!

BillyLong42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Make sure your navigation is activated and working if that's an option. I had to return to have that done since they did not plan well and needed to request a new activation code.

The other thing I have seen people inquire about outside of a walk around is to make sure they remove the shipping bumps from the suspension. I have seen a few people claim the dealership never removed these after shipment.

Enjoy the car!

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
" shipping bumps from the suspension. "

This is NO JOKE. And be sure you fully understand how you see them with the car on the ground. You have to have a wheel turned and then a long tool such as a screw driver to lift up the dust boot that covers the shock. you got to lift this guy 2-3 inches. to see if you see this big white collar. Do search on forum for other posts complaining about the issue.

If you leave the lot with them on, you won't immediately notice anything. Car drives normal and all that. But you have no suspension travel. So take a speed bump too fast and you feel like you've bottomed the car out. It's miserable feeling.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
X2 on the navigation activation. It was a pain in the ass to coordinate to get it done after the fact. That said if they haven’t by the time you get there you won’t leave with
It.

puckshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CU Later A91-MT
Not exactly what you asked but I requested several things before the car arrived:
- Minimal PDI (make sure they take care of the suspension and navigation as other people mentioned)
- Don't wash it
- Don't put holes for front plate
- Don't put dealership stickers on it

When I picked it up it still had the seat covers and some of the paint protection pieces on it. It was like unwrapping a present when I got home and I didn't have to worry about a teenager with a dirty sponge scratching up the paint.
Sponsored