Is there anyone in the Metrowest MA area willing to give me a ride in a MKV Supra?

zamiel

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 MR2 Turbo, 2018 Honda Civic Sport, 2020 Supra
I was very close to trading my current car in for a GR Supra Premium the other day, but am having trouble justifying the purchase without a test drive or at least hearing the car started up first. I was wondering if there's anyone in the area that's willing to give me a ride in the passenger seat before I pull the trigger on purchasing one. And if you had a manual transmission in your last car, do you regret giving it up?

Thanks,
Rick
Sponsored

Mr. Kurtz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1981 Toyota Celica GT Sunchaser, 2020 Toyota Supra Premium
Rick, I'm not very close to you(central CT), but I'm working on getting up to Palmer Motorsports Park for a trackday this fall. If you wanted to make the drive out there, and assuming they allow it, I'd take you for a few laps.

My last car was a 2017 Toyota 86, 6 speed manual. I don't regret getting the Supra at all, automatic transmission included. It's just so much better at its job, selecting gears, than any human can be. The low horsepower 86 would have felt boring with the stick shift, but the Supra has plenty of power and doesn't need to feel like a 17 shift chase scene from Fast and Furious to be fun to drive.

OP
OP
zamiel

zamiel

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rick, I'm not very close to you(central CT), but I'm working on getting up to Palmer Motorsports Park for a trackday this fall. If you wanted to make the drive out there, and assuming they allow it, I'd take you for a few laps.

My last car was a 2017 Toyota 86, 6 speed manual. I don't regret getting the Supra at all, automatic transmission included. It's just so much better at its job, selecting gears, than any human can be. The low horsepower 86 would have felt boring with the stick shift, but the Supra has plenty of power and doesn't need to feel like a 17 shift chase scene from Fast and Furious to be fun to drive.
Thanks! I'm a little over an hour from Palmer Motorsports Park, so would be happy to make the drive out there if I'm free whenever you plan on going. I really appreciate the offer and your feedback.

OP
OP
zamiel

zamiel

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks! I'm a little over an hour from Palmer Motorsports Park, so would be happy to make the drive out there if I'm free whenever you plan on going. I really appreciate the offer and your feedback.
Based on all the feedback in this forum, I couldn't resist, so picked up a Premium in Turbulence Gray on Saturday. So far, no regrets. :thumbsup:

Mr. Kurtz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1981 Toyota Celica GT Sunchaser, 2020 Toyota Supra Premium
Based on all the feedback in this forum, I couldn't resist, so picked up a Premium in Turbulence Gray on Saturday. So far, no regrets. :thumbsup:
Ha, I was about to say, I'm headed to Palmer tomorrow, but I haven't found out yet if they'd allow a passenger. Congrats!

OP
OP
zamiel

zamiel

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ha, I was about to say, I'm headed to Palmer tomorrow, but I haven't found out yet if they'd allow a passenger. Congrats!
Thanks! Nice. Have fun at the track tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a blast!
Sponsored