First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
So since the ECU on my car is locked, I decided to give the JB+ a try. I've also decided to use this through the winter, in hopes that come spring the ECU will be unlocked by someone and tunes will be available. If not, I can upgrade to a JB4, and get the cost of this one applied to the JB4. This JB+ is nothing like a full on tune, but what it does is trick the car into increasing boost pressure. It's adjustable between 1.5 and 4.5 lbs of boost over stock, enough to liven the drive up just a little bit.

Sponsored

MambasupraTX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Well done video, thank you for explaining that and sharing yo
So since the ECU on my car is locked, I decided to give the JB+ a try. I've also decided to use this through the winter, in hopes that come spring the ECU will be unlocked by someone and tunes will be available. If not, I can upgrade to a JB4, and get the cost of this one applied to the JB4. This JB+ is nothing like a full on tune, but what it does is trick the car into increasing boost pressure. It's adjustable between 1.5 and 4.5 lbs of boost over stock, enough to liven the drive up just a little bit.

Good informational video BTW. I am considering a JB4 since my ECU is locked

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
+1, nice video Spiguyver.

I didn't even know the JB+'s existence until seeing your video, knowledge is power!

I currently run a JB4 with the BT module on my 2020. I like it a lot and have no plans to do a reflash.

OP
OP
Spiguyver

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
+1, nice video Spiguyver.

I didn't even know the JB+'s existence until seeing your video, knowledge is power!

I currently run a JB4 with the BT module on my 2020. I like it a lot and have no plans to do a reflash.
As soon as the weather clears up today I'll be heading out to get a video of the updates, now that I'm also running the JB4 with the BT and EWG add ons.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Well, that was quick. :D Congrats on the JB4.

Frosty

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2016 Ford F150, 1993 Ford Mustang GT
Since the JB+ tricks the ECU through the MAP sensor, do you know if when the ECU commands more boost it also maintains the OEM commanded AFR as well? I would think it does but don’t know what other areas are compensated since the ECUs on these cars are extremely powerful with tons of tables that control engine performance.

OP
OP
Spiguyver

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
Since the JB+ tricks the ECU through the MAP sensor, do you know if when the ECU commands more boost it also maintains the OEM commanded AFR as well? I would think it does but don’t know what other areas are compensated since the ECUs on these cars are extremely powerful with tons of tables that control engine performance.
Not sure, that would be a question Terry over at BMS would be able to answer through. I have since moved on to the JB4 for more options.

anon2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 ed. Supra
My guess (I'm not an engineer but have done a bunch of other IT hacking) is that the JB+ just gives the ECU a fake MAP reading and then the ECU takes it from there, doing what it would normally do if the MAP reading was real. So whatever air fuel ratio would be already in the ECU for the "faked" reading would be what was applied to the engine.
Sponsored