Jb4, Catless downpipe and drop in filter

GBirk

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 MT
Hey everyone, I'm new to the turbo car gang and have a 2023 Supra 3.0 MT and currently just looking to see if anyone else is in my boat on not exactly knowing what map to run for the mods I have as of now. I'll be adding more stuff ie charge pipes, turbo inlet, carbon air intake and a heat exchanger shortly there after those previously stated mods. I want to get a custom map but I heard people won't make them for the manual Trans? Any info is awesome!
Sponsored

OP
OP
GBirk

GBirk

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 MT
I was just on 1 fast supra and it said something about MT cars having issues with jb4 and custom maps and they won't be doing any MT cars. I could be wrong but I hope having the jb4 on my MT supra isn't bad. I could be reading that wrong but that's being tired for ya.

Azharbhimji

First Name
Azhar Bhimji
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 a90 launch edition & 2023 a91 MT
Us manual owners going the jb4 route are all in the same boat. im running jb4 and a catless downpipe. I felt like the car ran better in stock form compared to map 1.

1Tyrant1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 MT Supra, '20 TM3, '17 Armada, '14 FRS (sold)
JB+ has been decent for me since I can turn down the intended boost. Currently running it at 3 oclock position with catless dp and its working nicely. If I turn the boost all the up to max, it seems to have choppy throttle.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
JB+ has been decent for me since I can turn down the intended boost. Currently running it at 3 oclock position with catless dp and its working nicely. If I turn the boost all the up to max, it seems to have choppy throttle.
max boost is for high quality 93 octane+ , if you use lower quality fuel, this could lead to a choppy throttle

Another reason could be the spark plugs, if they are going bad, they cant handle high boost. Eventually this will start happening with lower boost as well.

1Tyrant1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 MT Supra, '20 TM3, '17 Armada, '14 FRS (sold)
max boost is for high quality 93 octane+ , if you use lower quality fuel, this could lead to a choppy throttle

Another reason could be the spark plugs, if they are going bad, they cant handle high boost. Eventually this will start happening with lower boost as well.
I only use our local 94 octane fuel. Also the car only has 5k kms on so im assuming the spark plugs are ok.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I only use our local 94 octane fuel. Also the car only has 5k kms on so im assuming the spark plugs are ok.
then the map might be too aggressive for your fuel, if you have access to E85, mix in a few gallons and check if it helps.

PRwhitesupra

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-91 MT Supra 2023
Hey everyone, I'm new to the turbo car gang and have a 2023 Supra 3.0 MT and currently just looking to see if anyone else is in my boat on not exactly knowing what map to run for the mods I have as of now. I'll be adding more stuff ie charge pipes, turbo inlet, carbon air intake and a heat exchanger shortly there after those previously stated mods. I want to get a custom map but I heard people won't make them for the manual Trans? Any info is awesome!
Following with any info you get. I just bought an MT A91 and do not know which route to go. Where did you heard the rumors?

OP
OP
GBirk

GBirk

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 MT
Following with any info you get. I just bought an MT A91 and do not know which route to go. Where did you heard the rumors?
If you go to 1fastsupra site and go to the custom map it states it in the description. However, I have had a convo with Jesse and he said he would be willing to. Unfortunately it'll cost me around $800 after exchange rates so I'll have to wait. Currently with what I have installed I am running 93 gas, catless downpipe with an o2 extender, drop in air filter and jb4 map 4 with "Allow Targets Below DMEBT" enabled as instructed by Steve from BurgerTuning. Currently waiting for the rain to stop so I can do a map 4 data log to send in for revision.