JRZ RS Pro 3 | Gas Pressure

404nd2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla MYP | 2020 Supra
For all of you who went with JRZ or another triple adjustable shock, what gas pressure did you settle on? I can see reducing the pressure a little on a double or single adjustable shock to handle high speed wheel motions but with separate high speed bump control would it matter as much?

I've got my own nitrogen setup at home so I can play with it a little but I'm just curious about the experiences of others with triple adjustable shocks(different tracks, street?). I live in the Boston area so no shortage of road irregularities for my own testing.
Sponsored

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
For all of you who went with JRZ or another triple adjustable shock, what gas pressure did you settle on? I can see reducing the pressure a little on a double or single adjustable shock to handle high speed wheel motions but with separate high speed bump control would it matter as much?

I've got my own nitrogen setup at home so I can play with it a little but I'm just curious about the experiences of others with triple adjustable shocks(different tracks, street?). I live in the Boston area so no shortage of road irregularities for my own testing.
So did you ever try messing around with the pressure?

OP
OP
404nd2

404nd2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla MYP | 2020 Supra
Lowering the pressure this weekend before driving to the track. I've done the same commute to the same track on 250PSI with recommended track starting point for LS/HS comp and rebound. Dropping it to 200PSI for the trip and track day there. May try 175PSI for the commute back.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Nice. Let us know how it feels on track with 200PSI vs 250PSI. Definitely interested to hear your experience and any differences @404nd2

OP
OP
404nd2

404nd2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla MYP | 2020 Supra
Nice. Let us know how it feels on track with 200PSI vs 250PSI. Definitely interested to hear your experience and any differences @404nd2
So the ride on the street has significantly improved. Much smoother over rough snow battered New England road surfaces. On track it felt exactly the same with the added benefit of soaking up bumpy surfaces. I feel like the high speed compression is reacting much faster. From what I understand, lower gas pressure means it takes less initial force to put the damper in motion.

Here is the most simplified explanation of gas pressures I've been able to find: https://www.olsenmotorsports.net/blog/a-practical-guide-to-gas-pressure/

According to this article you would want more pressure at a big high speed track. It mentions Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta. I'm due to visit the Glen later this year so I'll tote along my N2 bottle and compare high vs low pressure.

Your location tells me that you probably have COTA as your local track (jealous). Based on the Olsen article 250-300 PSI would make sense for that track.

I'm sure the community (or just me lol) would be grateful if someone with experience in this area could ELI5 me on gas pressures. Other than Olsen I've only found a post written by Penske that's geared towards race engineers and a youtube series that just tries to shit on JRZ.