Just moved to SoCal, Any supra friends?

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Your best bet - find a parking lot in an unincorporated area. Those area are under the jdx of OC sheriffs who are less likely to ticketā€¦ unless youā€™re acting a complete fool or someone calls you in - which can happen here in South OC (damn Karens with nothing better to do). Iā€™m in the Ladera/SJC area.

Rule of thumb: donā€™t do anything in Irvine. Irvine PD particularly ā€œmotorsā€ are ticky tacky and will ticket you for anything.
Newport Beach also. I got a fix it ticket for loud exhaust 2 weeks ago.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
what exhaust you running that made it so loud? i'm assuming you have a DP too with aftermarket exhaust?
Yes Active Autowerks catted downpipe and ARK DT-S exhaust. It was a motorcycle cop on PCH near the peninsula. Stopped me while a Lambo and M2 drove by as loud as me.

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
Yes Active Autowerks catted downpipe and ARK DT-S exhaust. It was a motorcycle cop on PCH near the peninsula. Stopped me while a Lambo and M2 drove by as loud as me.
We have our own exhaust ordinances in those cities. I live in a neighboring city - Laguna Beach

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We have our own exhaust ordinances in those cities. I live in a neighboring city - Laguna Beach
Yeah I figured. Too bad I was the casualty that got pulled over instead of the other super cars. Good thing my friend is a costa mesa cop where I live LoL

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
Yeah I figured. Too bad I was the casualty that got pulled over instead of the other super cars. Good thing my friend is a costa mesa cop where I live LoL
I got state reffed by costs Mesa PD recently. Lend a hand šŸ„¹

quikslipper

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Prius Prime, Wrangler
Motor cop has to pick one I guess. Damnit but glad you have a bud. Btw wanted to know how the AA downpipe and any aftermarket exhaust sounds. I bet itā€™s not as loud as the cop really has it to be? Either way, I want that downpipe! :thumbsup:

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Motor cop has to pick one I guess. Damnit but glad you have a bud. Btw wanted to know how the AA downpipe and any aftermarket exhaust sounds. I bet itā€™s not as loud as the cop really has it to be? Either way, I want that downpipe! :thumbsup:
I'm happy to meet up if you want to hear it in person.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That cop must have been bored out of his mind or just wanted to pick on someone that day. They also don't gnarly crime like in East L.A. where cops focus on real stuff.

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
That cop must have been bored out of his mind or just wanted to pick on someone that day. They also don't gnarly crime like in East L.A. where cops focus on real stuff.
Yeah no clue why he pulled me over, all I did was start my car in a parking lot. Stalked him a bit, looks like he at least enjoys cars cus his Facebook cover photo is a gt3 rs lol. But he didnā€™t really know anything about cars besides saying keywords..

he asked if I was stock and I said yeah, and he said ā€œTE37s are stock?ā€ Sir, what does that have to do with emissions šŸ˜©

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You running catless?
Sponsored