Leather-free: On new Supra's, what does "Black Alcantara/Leather" Interior mean?

values.lit

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
I want to buy a leather-free, if it exists. Does "Black Alcantara/Leather" mean its all Alcantara or does it have bits of leather as well?
Sponsored

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I want to buy a leather-free, if it exists. Does "Black Alcantara/Leather" mean its all Alcantara or does it have bits of leather as well?
i also hate the leather, no avoiding it sadly

Reactions: zrk

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
Alcantara is another name for Ultrasuede. The front seating surfaces in The GR Supra and the premium GR86 are Ultrasuede. The leather is the backs and the side bolsters

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)
Do you want it leather-free cause you're vegan or what?
If the lad is vegan I often suggest that we genocide all of the cows to eliminate climate change. I hear how bad they are for the environment so let’s make them extinct already and eat bugs instead.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Do you want it leather-free cause you're vegan or what?
I can relate to what he is asking - I shopped purposefully for a non leather 3.0 and my 2.0 was not an issue. I think leather sucks. Cloth or cloth like surfaces grip better and need far less work/maintenance leather. So FK leather for an interior.

My new M240i BMW is on order without leather and all the required care it needs. I chose the Sensa-tec vinyl like material. Durable and not nearly as needy as leather. Scratch leather up and see how nice your interior doesnt look.

In Germany my 370Z was with cloth. So was a 911 and the 15 WRX-STi.

Again FK leather. Its not about vegan or other such nonsense. Its just a choice of material.

The US seems to have very limited choice for interior fabric.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
These guys make custom upholstery skins for the Supra seat including suede options. These replace the existing skin, therefore DO require you to remove the seat and remove the OE leather skin. But I believe their prices already includes installation from one of their authorized dealers.

https://www.roadwire.com/s.nl/sc.8/category.6604471/.f

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
If the lad is vegan I often suggest that we genocide all of the cows to eliminate climate change. I hear how bad they are for the environment so let’s make them extinct already and eat bugs instead.
Some vegans just like animals, ya know. My daughter is a vegan. I can't get behind it personally, but... different people swing different ways. Whatever.

These guys make custom upholstery skins for the Supra seat including suede options. These replace the existing skin, therefore DO require you to remove the seat and remove the OE leather skin. But I believe their prices already includes installation from one of their authorized dealers.
This, I'm interested in.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well there isn't much you can do there... besides the seats having bits of leather, the knee guards towards the trans tunnel and some parts of the door panels (the soft padded leather wrapped bits near the window controls and door pull.) are leather unfortunately... no going around that. Even the base 3.0 or 2.0's all still feature little bits of leather. As to it being real leather..? I don't know, but just to be safe than sorry, i view it as leather lol. The steering wheel is also leather wrapped. ??‍♂

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
May I suggest buying a Tesla model 3? Much better for environment continus individuals and it still rips

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I believe the leather in the Supra is what BMW calls “Dakota leather”. It’s a highly processed leather but still animal sourced. I prefer cars without leather as well. The seatback and bottom cushion centers are Alcantara on the special editions and 2.0, but as others have mentioned, there are leather bolsters, armrest, knee pads and steering wheel (though the steering wheel being leather is debatable - sometimes I swear it’s plastic).
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk