Let’s see those winter cars (for those parking the Supra).

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Treat dat gas.
Yeah, its got Stabil in there (in my jerry can) so the gas does not spoil in the tank of my stupid snow thrower. It's really the little amount in the bowl that spoils.

So as long as I run it 5-6min every few weeks, the gas in the bowl gets consumed and replenished with fresh stabilized gas from its tank. If I don't do this, I have to take the thing apart and drain that gas, and sometimes even clean the carb.. which is a royal PITA vs just running it 5-6 min.
Sponsored

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
2022 Nissan Frontier

I really wanted the Tacoma in Calvery Blue [only made in 2018-2019] (either TRD PRO or TRD Off-Road edition), but 1, that color is really hard to find, 2, the few low mile used ones that I did find were priced the same as this new 2022 Frontier Pro4x.

51621513211_e7301deae7_b.jpg
I really like the redesign. How do you like the engine and transmission?

I had a new 2016 Tacoma but sold it 8 months later because it was completely gutless down low and the auto transmission was tuned solely for MPG and was not responsive. It kind of ruined me on Tacos so I’ve been eyeballing these new Frontiers.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I really like the redesign. How do you like the engine and transmission?

I had a new 2016 Tacoma but sold it 8 months later because it was completely gutless down low and the auto transmission was tuned solely for MPG and was not responsive. It kind of ruined me on Tacos so I’ve been eyeballing these new Frontiers.
I really like the redesign, though the only issue i've found on my truck is where the hood closes, there is a slight larger gap between the hood and fender on one side than the other. There's a thread about it over on the 3rd gen. Frontier forums.

My brother-in-law has a 16 TRD Sport 4x4 so I can compare. The transmission on the Nissan is better than his Tacoma. I feel this is\was a common problem with the 16-17s where the Tacoma's didn't know when to properly shift. The Frontiers new 9 speed auto, shifts smoothly and accurately. [however, i test drove a 2018 Tacoma and didn't experience any odd shifting, which is why I was considering one still]

The ride quality is ODDLY smoother in the Pro4x than the 16 TRD Sport (i don't understand why though, as the Pro4x is supposed to feel rugged, he even has street tires, while mine are slightly more rugged ones. Perhaps it's because I only have 3,000 miles on it while my bro-n-law Taco has 80k). To be honest, I personally wish it felt like the 2nd gen Tacoma or my older 2006 Frontier (more rugged).

Interior and Exterior i like them both. I will add that the seats on Frontier are more comfortable and I believe sit lower than the Tacoma (i remember taller people complaining of the high seats on the Taco). But if you aren't 6ft+, then this point wouldn't matter.

Engine is very smooth and if you floor it, my "butt" senses it pulls stronger than the Tacoma, HOWEVER, during normal driving the low end feels "eh"....as gutless as the Tacoma i'm afraid to say.

Honestly, i like both and both are good trucks. The Frontiers 3.8 engine is newish (it came out in the 2021 model with the older design) so we'll see how it holds up long term.

I absolutely fell in love when I saw a Calvary Blue TRD Pro, but the price was just outrages. I was lucky to even get my Frontier at MSRP (you had to go to dealership and ask which ones were coming in the next few months, then leave a deposit to reserve the truck -- that was the only way to secure one)

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
While you folks are talking odd butts, I had to start the snow thrower today to shovel so killed 2 dumb birds with one pass. I likes.

So glad for WFH.