First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Hi guys! I just heard this today and it was only for a few minutes at a time, mostly at park or idle. Best way to describe it, is it sounds like someone is underneath the the rear of the car and lightly thumping it with a rubber mallet. Really strange...figured someone on here might have experienced it or know someone that has voiced something similar on here at some point.

The car drives perfectly, whether lightly driving it or pushing it hard through the gears. No CEL, no loss of performance and intermittent at the moment (how I hate intermittent sounds on a car, LOL). I have a close friend who's a master mechanic and first thing he thought of was possibly the EVAP solenoid, but he wasn't sure if it was in the front or rear of the MKV. Could it possibly be something to do with the fuel pump (just spit balling here)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'll be speaking with the Supra tech at my local dealer tomorrow to see if he's seen this (he's actually excellent, one of the reasons I bought the car from this dealer). He only works on Supra's for the most part, so he's got some solid experience on these so far. Thanks in advance everyone!!!
Sponsored