• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Looking for swan neck

ZokiSpeed

First Name
Zoran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 2.0L
I'm curious: How wide should a swan neck wing be in your opinion? I mean, 68 inch is massive and produces a lot of downforce. Definetly too much for a normal road car and a modified track car. It's more a gadget for a full built track car. So, what's a great size for all in your opinion? ✌
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Holy wing Batman. Even for the track that just looks excessive! I’d be so hard pressed to drive with something like that in town. But that’s my style and to each their own. My 18 yo son would love it! And glowing LEDs underneath 😜

But in all seriousness, I like what @razorlab did with his and the downforce data to back it up. Assuming that one above is adjustable at that price. Without a race team, it’s hard. I highly recommend using your (not you Wes but peeps in general) local race team at your home track. They can crunch the numbers on them and make adjustments.

I‘ve still got plenty of speed to make up on my Catalyst w/out a wang. Thanks goodness lol

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
I'm curious: How wide should a swan neck wing be in your opinion? I mean, 68 inch is massive and produces a lot of downforce. Definetly too much for a normal road car and a modified track car. It's more a gadget for a full built track car. So, what's a great size for all in your opinion? ✌
The length of the wing will be directly proportional to the downforce and more importantly drag. A wide wing even at 0 angle of attack (AOA) will likely have very noticable negative effect on fuel mileage. This could be a real consideration in a daily driver (it is for me). Just adding a wing will lower the fuel efficiency quite a bit. Whether or not it would be noticable between a 64" or 68", I don't know. I kinda doubt it, but maybe I'm wrong.

The good thing about a wider well designed wing is that it's going to be more efficient at lower AOA. On track this means it's going to have less of an effect on top speed. Drag is proportional to the square of the airspeed. At speeds over 100-120 the effect of the lowered drag will become a lot more noticeable.

For a track toy that can be driven on the street overhang is a consideration as it will keep the footprint of the car smaller. I worry about some kid braining themselves on an endplate because they want to get close to check out the car (ask me how I know).

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Holy wing Batman. Even for the track that just looks excessive! I’d be so hard pressed to drive with something like that in town. But that’s my style and to each their own. My 18 yo son would love it! And glowing LEDs underneath 😜

But in all seriousness, I like what @razorlab did with his and the downforce data to back it up. Assuming that one above is adjustable at that price. Without a race team, it’s hard. I highly recommend using your (not you Wes but peeps in general) local race team at your home track. They can crunch the numbers on them and make adjustments.

I‘ve still got plenty of speed to make up on my Catalyst w/out a wang. Thanks goodness lol
That's the toned down version! :rofl:

Jackie Ding and a few others with 600hp+ have the full blown Spage wing, which is gigantic.

The truth is the Verus wing looks great and obviously generates useable downforce. I just wish it was a swan neck ala Supra GT4 lol.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If only that was the reason most people put wings on cars. 🤦🏼
You're right. 😆 I remember having a conversation with a fellow soldier back in the day about how his wing added at least 50 HP to his 3rd gen Eclipse. He thought my Stage 2 WRX was a joke 🤣.

After seeing @razorlab and his Verus aero I can tell you I'm pretty much sold. Maybe when I'm ready to buy in the future they'll have further developments to their wing, splitter, and diffuser. The fact that it was developed with Ansys CFD (what I have used most during my career) and tested as a complete system on the Supra makes my engineer OCD go off the charts.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
You're right. 😆 I remember having a conversation with a fellow soldier back in the day about how his wing added at least 50 HP to his 3rd gen Eclipse. He thought my Stage 2 WRX was a joke 🤣.

After seeing @razorlab and his Verus aero I can tell you I'm pretty much sold. Maybe when I'm ready to buy in the future they'll have further developments to their wing, splitter, and diffuser. The fact that it was developed with Ansys CFD (what I have used most during my career) and tested as a complete system on the Supra makes my engineer OCD go off the charts.
I definitely appreciate when the work is done and I can take advantage. With my mustang, it was AJ Hartman. Supra = Versus. We're lucky.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
@decodeddiesel you’re not wrong, when building a race car it’s all about being as fast as possible no matter what it looks like, however; the vast majority of people buying these wings just want the look. There’s a Supra locally I see, bone stock except, yep, you guessed it, a HUGE wing on it, lol…looks like a matchbox car 🤣
I literally don’t know of anyone who bought that Spage wing that doesn’t use the car primarily as a track car.

This is the 68” low version in case anyone is wondering.

IMG_5257.jpeg

IMG_5219.jpeg

IMG_5217.jpeg

IMG_5220.jpeg

74649363-3F30-4B3D-8AAB-3E8147F610DF.jpeg

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
@kyle9 your car looks awesome! What suspension and wheel/tire setup are you running?
JRZ RS Pro coilovers + SPL parts + aFe sway bars

Most of the photos I think I have 18x11 Apex wheels with 295/35 a052s installed. Also run Titan 7 wheels and TE37 SLs

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
JRZ RS Pro coilovers + SPL parts + aFe sway bars

Most of the photos I think I have 18x11 Apex wheels with 295/35 a052s installed. Also run Titan 7 wheels and TE37 SLs
I‘m on 275/35 and thought that was big for the front 😮 Nice!!!!
Sponsored