MagnaFlow or AWE exhaust?

CMCSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
What is the availability of the Magnaflow xMod? Many on here have given up after excessively long wait times.
I ordered mine early Jan 2 2021 and received it March 4th. It was a long wait but worth it. The xMod sounds fantastic. Deep tone, zero drone and a perfect amount of burble. I have the straight pipe on the valve side and muffler on the standard side for best of both worlds. Personally I really like the look of the carbon tips on the tungsten and black.
Sponsored

Luckymike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 Z06, 17 VW Beetle Dune, 11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR, 15 RDX
Wanted abit more sound with my xmod so I pulled the F203 fuse in the rear....left car running and put in sport to open the valve...pull F203 fuse and it's now open all the time and no error codes!

carguy4ycc

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(2) '98 Supras TT, '20 Supra Launch Edition, '82 Supra, '91 MR2, '95 Tacoma, '00 Integra Type R, '91 NSX, '94 Celica GT, '21 Supra A91 Refraction Blue
ā€˜Makes me wonder if the best system with a stock cat is AWE Track?
Any thoughts on this statement?
About ready to buy a MF xMOD, but AWE Track sounds so good.

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
Any thoughts on this statement?
About ready to buy a MF xMOD, but AWE Track sounds so good.
Just did a meetup comparing the following exhausts :

AA DP + valvetronic
AA DP + AWE non resonated
OEM DP + Fi
OEM DP + HKS

The OEM + Fi had the most OEM sound, with just more volume, while the HKS had the most OEM+, more character in the note but nothing extreme. Both pass the California 90dba check.

AA DP + AWE sounds like how you'd think an aftermarket exhaust sounds, but fails the 90dba limit. Definitely plenty of noise but no drone at all surprisingly.

AA DP + Valvetronic is way too loud and definitely in the 'volume for the sake of volume' side of things. It sounds great when you're on it, but when cruising and such, it's excessive IMHO.

Also experienced an AA DP + XMOD and it sounded like a really pissed off straight piped V6 Challenger. Very significant amounts of drone and you really lost a bunch of the character of the inline 6. It kind of washed out and just became noise.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base

AA DP + valvetronic
OEM DP + Fi
OEM DP + HKS

The OEM + Fi had the most OEM sound, with just more volume, while the HKS had the most OEM+, more character in the note but nothing extreme. Both pass the California 90dba check.

AA DP + AWE sounds like how you'd think an aftermarket exhaust sounds, but fails the 90dba limit. Definitely plenty of noise but no drone at all surprisingly.

AA DP + Valvetronic is way too loud and definitely in the 'volume for the sake of volume' side of things. It sounds great when you're on it, but when cruising and such, it's excessive IMHO.

Also experienced an AA DP + XMOD and it sounded like a really pissed off straight piped V6 Challenger. Very significant amounts of drone and you really lost a bunch of the character of the inline 6. It kind of washed out and just became noise.
Incredibly helpful. Thank you! Had my heart set on eventually going magnaflow, but the awe setup gets so much positive feedback itā€™s where I always end up going.

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
Incredibly helpful. Thank you! Had my heart set on eventually going magnaflow, but the awe setup gets so much positive feedback itā€™s where I always end up going.
In my opinion, if you want to go with a valved system, the Fi and the HKS was mighty impressive. The Fi sounded exactly like OEM, just a smidge louder across the board. The HKS had more of an aftermarket sound to it, but it was still very OEM grade, almost as if the car should have come like that from the factory. This is all with an OEM DP, however.

I'd say OEM DP and Fi/HKS is superior to AA DP + OEM.

Sithlord84

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Has anyone directly compared these two exhausts and if so which did you choose and why? About to choose one and place a order. Iā€™ve listened to videos on YouTube and what not but donā€™t have access to either locally to hear in person so just looking for opinions. Thanks in advance guys.
Look into the Borla ATAK šŸ˜Ž

Yabai

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 premium - Phantom

AA DP + valvetronic
OEM DP + Fi
OEM DP + HKS

I was the Xmod + AA DP AND Valvetronic + AA DP. Let me know if you have any questions or want sound clips lol

Adrenaldestruction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I was the Xmod + AA DP AND Valvetronic + AA DP. Let me know if you have any questions or want sound clips lol
Whatā€™s your subjective take on the XMod? The other guys opinion was the worst Iā€™ve heard - subjective but raises a concern to be sure. I was intrigued by its throatier? tone - but thatā€™s based on YouTube. If you have or can shoot a fresh clip, thatā€™d be delightful.

Yabai

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Whatā€™s your subjective take on the XMod? The other guys opinion was the worst Iā€™ve heard - subjective but raises a concern to be sure. I was intrigued by its throatier? tone - but thatā€™s based on YouTube. If you have or can shoot a fresh clip, thatā€™d be delightful.

If youre looking for a throatier/mean tone that's what the xmod provides. However, it is more of an v6/american muscle tone. There is drone not too bad but it does get annoying if you gotta drive a long distance. But being a modular exhaust has its perks. I was able to swap out the deletes/mufflers under 30 minutes by myself without a lift.. And it does make a huge difference with both mufflers, it's so much quieter and drone was very very minimal.

I already changed the exhaust but here's to my IG were I have a clip:

In my opinion, you can't really compare audio clips online to in-person. I suggest trying to go to meets/events and listening to people's setup in person. Or you might end up like me speed running exhausts.... 4 set ups in less than 6 months. šŸ˜…

carguy4ycc

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(2) '98 Supras TT, '20 Supra Launch Edition, '82 Supra, '91 MR2, '95 Tacoma, '00 Integra Type R, '91 NSX, '94 Celica GT, '21 Supra A91 Refraction Blue
Thanks for the responses.
Still unsure. I've narrowed it down to:
OEM DP and xMOD MagnaFlow or
OEM DP and Track AWE.
Want deep/throatier sounds.
Not a daily for me. Just fun car.
Leaning Track by AWE but the availability to make changes with the xMOD by MF is appealing.
Thanks for the clip @Yabai.

Adrenaldestruction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Thanks @Yabai !
Car looks great, too. Really like that x-mod but what makes it good (that lower tone, flirting with essence of larger displacement) steered me to the AWE touring resonated w/ AMS. Just punched the order in - thanks for the insight!

Yabai

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Thanks @Yabai !
Car looks great, too. Really like that x-mod but what makes it good (that lower tone, flirting with essence of larger displacement) steered me to the AWE touring resonated w/ AMS. Just punched the order in - thanks for the insight!
Thanks! Glad I could help. Just keep in mind that the AWE does not have valves. Sound volume will be the same regardless of normal or sport mode. The AWE sounds good too!

Yabai

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Thanks for the responses.
Still unsure. I've narrowed it down to:
OEM DP and xMOD MagnaFlow or
OEM DP and Track AWE.
Want deep/throatier sounds.
Not a daily for me. Just fun car.
Leaning Track by AWE but the availability to make changes with the xMOD by MF is appealing.
Thanks for the clip @Yabai.

Personally I think the xmod with both deletes sounds almost the same as the AWE Track.
Sponsored