Manual Supra Shift Knob Options out there?

xkyo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT prem/2020 AG Taco Pro/Model Y perform
Did some digging, couldn't come up with much. Is there any company making shift knobs for manual supra's? Nothing wrong with the factory shift knob, just like different shape options in my hand, (pause).

IMG-3414.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
xkyo23

xkyo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
hmmm, idk if that'll work. Looks like the knob and the shift boot are one piece.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Maybe youā€™ll have to remove the trim to remove the boot/knob combo, then replace with a separate knob and boot.

Thereā€™s got to be a BMW that has had the combined knob/boot setup that you can look into and see what people do to replace it.

OP
OP
xkyo23

xkyo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe youā€™ll have to remove the trim to remove the boot/knob combo, then replace with a separate knob and boot.

Thereā€™s got to be a BMW that has had the combined knob/boot setup that you can look into and see what people do to replace it.
oh shoot, your right. i think the G80/2 are similar size with their shift boot, and they have the removable knob. I would assume that would be a easy replacement. Might have to find a good shop around here to try it out. Thanks homie!

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Hey just random, see you have a custom wheel, who made it? Was it for an auto so still has openings on the rear for the paddles or for a manual so closed and just opening for screws.

OP
OP
xkyo23

xkyo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey just random, see you have a custom wheel, who made it? Was it for an auto so still has openings on the rear for the paddles or for a manual so closed and just opening for screws.
Is for an auto, the back is open and has holes for paddles. Canā€™t see it from passenger side or feel it unless you really reach for it. Unleashed custom can make it for manual and cover up the holes. Hit them up

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Is for an auto, the back is open and has holes for paddles. Canā€™t see it from passenger side or feel it unless you really reach for it. Unleashed custom can make it for manual and cover up the holes. Hit them up
Haha I make my own so was just Curios if anyone else has done manual
Only wheels yet or just me šŸ˜…

OP
OP
xkyo23

xkyo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Haha I make my own so was just Curios if anyone else has done manual
Only wheels yet or just me šŸ˜…
Oh thatā€™s whatā€™s sup! I would of ordered a manual wheel myself but I didnā€™t want to wait, really no difference unless you really try to look back there

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Oh thatā€™s whatā€™s sup! I would of ordered a manual wheel myself but I didnā€™t want to wait, really no difference unless you really try to look back there
Not wrong haha!

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
I'm getting the Raceseng shift knob adapter shipped to me for test fit. It's the one they sell for their BMW shift knobs which should work but still worth double checking. I plan on getting their Nitro model but still trying to decide if the red will look nice with the tan interior. For the boot I'm gonna try separating the plastic trim that clips on the center console and source a the boot either online from a similar BMW model or just try finding a shop locally that can do it.

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
Update on my end. The Raceseng non threaded adapter fits as expected on our cars. I'm gonna be getting one of their collars and shift knobs to test if it would be possible to cut the oem boot and still have enough left to make it all work. I'm hoping that cutting between 1/16"-1/8" below the knob should work nicely so that I can also wrap and glue some of the leather under the knob to be able to sell it.

Sponsored