How to not build a manual Supra

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
These guys straight fucked everything up right from the start.

- no downpipe, not even gonna put catted one on it.

-overly expensive titanium exhaust. A catted downpipe and 3.5” or 4” catback would cost less

- undersized/shorter than stock rear tires. A 295/30 is super short, shorter than stock. A 305/35 would have actually increased speedometer accuracy. I noticed this as soon as I put my 305/35’s on that my GPS and speedometer were now dead on at 85mph for example when my speedometer read fast. Now it’s only going to read even more fast with their choice.

- Refusal to get the DME unlocked and tuning it proper. They instead chose a piggyback that nobody uses and are just burying their heads in the sand.

Never have I been so excited to see another manual build and subscribe to a channel on the spot, only to unsubscribe before the video was over because they clearly did zero research into their game plan.

I am making very good power on stock downpipe. Downpipe isn’t needed…. There are different ways in building a car. Just bc you don’t agree with what they did, doesn’t makes it wrong…
Sponsored

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
I'll give you the comment about the tire sizing, and Piggyback. A 30 sidewall on anything less than a 305 tire on this platform just looks kinda weird, and while there are useful piggybacks out there, this one seems pretty gimmicky.

The overly expensive titanium exhaust comment is a bit ironic though considering based on your flair, you paid an $8k premium for what amounts to a rinky dink wing and sticker package, and zero performance increase over a 3.0 Premium. You do get the Orange paint, but as far as paint goes it's a pretty standard/basic shade of orange, and other brands charge less of a premium for more interesting and intricate colours, so the price premium doesn't really justify it in this case either imo.

The catback they bought looks like the $2500 USD Valvemaster one as well so, cheaper than most of the popular catbacks people get for this platform. (https://valvemaster.ca/products/a90-91-valved-exhaust?variant=40325066981562).

Nothing wrong with just wanting to add a little volume/character without having to ship your ECU off to Europe for a few weeks just to have to drop another pile of money to get a license and a tune. If you live somewhere where the best you can get is 93, there isn't much sense to it either imo.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
1. It's not his car, it's a shop car and for some reason they're wanting to keep a warranty
2. The cars cost more in Australia
3. A downpipe is easy to install and acquire
4. Andrew already built an auto MK5 years ago
5. This is just a different take for someone who wants to do something different

There isn't any wrong way of doing it, it's just not your flavor.

Personally, it's not my cup of tea but to each their own.

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra
1. It's not his car, it's a shop car and for some reason they're wanting to keep a warranty
2. The cars cost more in Australia
3. A downpipe is easy to install and acquire
4. Andrew already built an auto MK5 years ago
5. This is just a different take for someone who wants to do something different

There isn't any wrong way of doing it, it's just not your flavor.

Personally, it's not my cup of tea but to each their own.
You forgot parts availability in Australia, there has been just under 1000 units sold in aus since the car came out 5 years ago. Simply most shops dont carry a lot of gear for them. I have had to import 95% of parts for my vehicle.
It took toyota australia over six months to get the carbon fibre piece that goes around the gear stick replaced on mine as it was a defect from factory and according to there computer system which they showed me its cost was $10000.

Try getting a clutch for one in aus

Last edited:

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
JESUS H CHRIST! Well that’s Australia off the list of places to visit.
Here's the thing about this photo... FUCK THAT SHIT.
To be fair, Huntsmen usually only grow to around 10-15cm in diameter - that photo is the largest Huntsman every recorded. Having said that, besides looking like it will run off with a baby, it's actually quite harmless.

It's little assholes like redback spiders which will kill you just because they're bored.

d341db39208468c928ae1d2c0dc5a23d1db8cfe6.jpeg

Both the Huntsmen and Redback are common af by the way.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
it's actually quite harmless
Yeah... I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

I've already been harmed, from across the world, by just the photo of that bitch.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
You forgot parts availability in Australia, there has been just over 600 units sold in aus since the car came out 5 years ago.
Do you have any solid figures, last time I looked into this I though it was higher?

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Yeah... I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

I've already been harmed, from across the world, by just the photo of that bitch.
Hahahaha.. Don't get me wrong, I hate them all.. but having a huntsman magically appear in your house from time to time is just a thing here. I won't traumatize you further with a video, but wait till you see how fast these fuckers are. 😂

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
Hahahaha.. Don't get me wrong, I hate them all.. but having a huntsman magically appear in your house from time to time is just a thing here. I won't traumatize you further with a video, but wait till you see how fast these fuckers are. 😂
IMG_0502.gif

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Yup. 100% not interested.
Sponsored