Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Spray

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Hi,
After watching many reviews I decided to buy the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax due to its versatility and ease of use to keep the paint protected. Car's in the garage for 2-3 weeks as it's basically non stop rain/snow period and I only drive it in the dry to keep it pristine so haven't got around trying the product yet.
Just curious has anyone here used it? Happy with it?
Sponsored

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
Yup, used it a few times as a nice top-up to the protection I've put on both cars - one's ceramic coated, the Supra isn't.

It's good and works well, but I didn't buy another bottle after finishing the first as I preferred the results from Tac ShineeWax, and Gyeon Q2 Wax.

M4-NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G82 M4
Yes, I've tried it on my wife's daily. It's shit.

Bottom line, the best consumer level protection is something along the lines of Kamikaze Zipang Coat or Duraslic. They're both pretty easy to apply, and in my testing have lasted about 2 years on daily drivers.

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Used it to coat a set of wheels once for a test, haven't used it much since then. There are MUCH better SiO2 ceramics out there in spray format.

OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks everyone for your posts, looks like a good even mix of opinions.

Will share results here when I finally get some sun, I'll try and do a before and after clip for beading/sheeting, I'll decon with citrus, iron fallout and tar&glue first.

LaB58

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pearl White
If y'all want to go down the rabbit hole of detailing - check out Pan the Organizer.
Haha yeah I have watched many of his videos. He is a Freak about detailing. Great videos and honest testing of multiple products.

Mrgolde

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nocturnal 3.0 premium MT
I use Green turtle's ceramic detailer and i'm happy with it.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
I typically only wash my car at a touchless carwash with a pressure washer once every 2 months. I use chemical guys waterless spray in between as needed. I then apply either the chemical guys ceramic spray, Shine Armor, or Suma ceramic spray. (All of which are amazing) I'm using a 70/30 tag less microfiber to spot dry. Since I keep up with the ceramic, all the water beads, and I don't have to dry the whole car, as the water fall off and dries spotless. Sometimes I use a spray drying agent to further the process. I also use Dr. Beasleys matte wheel cleaner for my wheels. I'm crazy though haha.

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
This may be the worst but I just put some Meguiars soap in a bottle diluted with water and wipe it down with Rag Company’s microfiber towels every other day.

LanceW

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
I use the Suma ceramic spray as well. I tried the Turtle Wax ceramic spray and it was ok, I just prefer the Suma. Much easier to use in my opinion.

OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi guys - so it's been 2 months now trying this, and I have to say, I was skeptical, but it really works!

I highly recommend this product (Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Spray). There is serious water beading, even the snow foam just drifts off the paintwork that's how slick it is.

It also smells really nice like a mild fruity/blueberry scent.

Only recommendations to any prospective buyers: don't do my mistake and spray too many panels at once, do smaller sections, it's quite "heavy" dense vs conventional spray wax/detailers so the buffing is slightly more time consuming so if it dries up it's actually quite annoying to remove!

I top it up at every single wash spray on, pressure wash off, done, worth the money even if it's not cheap IMO.

Finally, for smaller intricate areas ofcourse, I still use a dedicated spray wax and apply it manually (i.e. wheels/mirror caps etc).
Sponsored