JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra, '21 Lexus RX450H. '08 Lexus GX470
Vehicle Showcase
Morning everyone. Finally picked up my A90. After plenty of pre-purchase research, I have decided I am doing a catless downpipe, MHD, meth injection and very likely a charge pipe.

My question is this, if I get something like a FTP charge pipe with a meth bung pre-installed is there a kit out there that works well with these or am I just better off with something like the Titan meth kit where itā€™s all plug and play?

I do have some skill with wiring and limited fabrication skills, but I am not opposed to putting together a kit myself should it be more ideal.

Opinions, thoughts, concerns?
Sponsored

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
Morning everyone. Finally picked up my A90. After plenty of pre-purchase research, I have decided I am doing a catless downpipe, MHD, meth injection and very likely a charge pipe.

My question is this, if I get something like a FTP charge pipe with a meth bung pre-installed is there a kit out there that works well with these or am I just better off with something like the Titan meth kit where itā€™s all plug and play?

I do have some skill with wiring and limited fabrication skills, but I am not opposed to putting together a kit myself should it be more ideal.

You sound like someone who wants to do it right the first time. Go with Ecutek instead of MHD. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JakeM

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You sound like someone who wants to do it right the first time. Go with Ecutek instead of MHD. :thumbsup:
How does Ecutek do ecu licensing? I had almost become a dealer for them some time back but it evades memory. What does it take to tune yourself? Do they have an enthusiast license or do you have to become a Ecutek ā€œMastertunerā€ ?

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How does Ecutek do ecu licensing? I had almost become a dealer for them some time back but it evades memory. What does it take to tune yourself? Do they have an enthusiast license or do you have to become a Ecutek ā€œMastertunerā€ ?
It is still in beta stage, but you should be able to buy the tuning suite. Ecutek has opened more tables in 2-3 months than MHD and BM3 have in a year. Iā€™m not sure what your prior experience is, but Iā€™ve tuned Evos, Mazdaspeeds, Subaruā€™s, nissans, etc. and for this car I decided to let one of the Ecutek mastertuners tune it. This ECU seems to be a lot more complicated than others and even the most experienced tuners are spending hundreds of hours on dynos trying to figure things out.

OP
OP
JakeM

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It is still in beta stage, but you should be able to buy the tuning suite. Ecutek has opened more tables in 2-3 months than MHD and BM3 have in a year. Iā€™m not sure what your prior experience is, but Iā€™ve tuned Evos, Mazdaspeeds, Subaruā€™s, nissans, etc. and for this car I decided to let one of the Ecutek mastertuners tune it. This ECU seems to be a lot more complicated than others and even the most experienced tuners are spending hundreds of hours on dynos trying to figure things out.
I have quite a bit of experience on a many different platforms. I also have a couple of mentors that are pretty well known in the BMW tuning community and I have nearly unlimited access to a Dynojet 224XLC.

I figured I would dive in with my normal process and put a good amount of time in just datalogging and learning how the OEM systems work together. Then start with some very light modifications and try and work my way up.

If it becomes a problem I will flash back to stock and have a more experienced calibrator have at it.

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have quite a bit of experience on a many different platforms. I also have a couple of mentors that are pretty well known in the BMW tuning community and I have nearly unlimited access to a Dynojet 224XLC.

I figured I would dive in with my normal process and put a good amount of time in just datalogging and learning how the OEM systems work together. Then start with some very light modifications and try and work my way up.

If it becomes a problem I will flash back to stock and have a more experienced calibrator have at it.
Search around before making any decisions. Lots of people are having malfunctions because of something missed in a tune or tables not being able to be edited. Best of luck!

OP
OP
JakeM

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Search around before making any decisions. Lots of people are having malfunctions because of something missed in a tune or tables not being able to be edited. Best of luck!
Absolutely. Thanks. I did hit up EcuTek as well. We'll see how it goes.

Back to my original question, does anyone have the Titan meth kit modified to fit a charge pipe bung instead of the throttle body adapter?

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Absolutely. Thanks. I did hit up EcuTek as well. We'll see how it goes.

Back to my original question, does anyone have the Titan meth kit modified to fit a charge pipe bung instead of the throttle body adapter?
I used the throttle body spacer, but I assume if you have a bung on your charge pipe and then either a second bung to reference boost levels for the controller or another way to reference boost in order for the controller to work. Throttle body spacer makes it easy because it has the bung for methanol injection and a second spot to reference boost from.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6

there isn't anything wrong with using the chargepipe location. it's no better or worse than the little plate people sell that goes to the TB. they are both injecting at one point trying to get fuel to 6 places. Its not ideal, but it works to a point. I offer one of the best, probably the best controller on the market for meth control. CM5 (Torqbyte) and MC2 (Twisted Tuning) are the best Meth controllers out if you wanted to go the route of piecing a kit together. Check out the meth injection section on my website.

thats not exactly accurate. The tables on ecutek are the exact same tables i have on MHD and have had since the beginning as they are both using the EXACT same DAMOS. whether or not a tuner someone goes to is able to use them is another story. what will set flashing platforms apart is simply the custom feature additions as they come.

yea, thats a tuner issue mainly

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
there isn't anything wrong with using the chargepipe location. it's no better or worse than the little plate people sell that goes to the TB. they are both injecting at one point trying to get fuel to 6 places. Its not ideal, but it works to a point. I offer one of the best, probably the best controller on the market for meth control. CM5 (Torqbyte) and MC2 (Twisted Tuning) are the best Meth controllers out if you wanted to go the route of piecing a kit together. Check out the meth injection section on my website.

thats not exactly accurate. The tables on ecutek are the exact same tables i have on MHD and have had since the beginning as they are both using the EXACT same DAMOS. whether or not a tuner someone goes to is able to use them is another story. what will set flashing platforms apart is simply the custom feature additions as they come.

yea, thats a tuner issue mainly
Ecutek has anti lag on the way which should be pretty cool. I wasnā€™t aware MHD had all the same tables, I was told this by more than one other person so figured it held water. Nonetheless, most of the people I spoke with have made it seem like Ecutek was superior in every way. What really made me go Ecutek was watching so many people switch from mhd to BM3 because of said malfunctions.

With that said, Twisted obviously has confidence in MHD, and that is saying something. So to the OP, my bad for causing any confusion that I did.

OP
OP
JakeM

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply's guys. I have some more research ahead of me. But now I have a path forward.

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Thanks for the reply's guys. I have some more research ahead of me. But now I have a path forward.
Hey Jake,

Not sure if youā€™ve made the jump yet or not, but feel free to reach out to me with an email with any questions you may have. Weā€™re one of the largest EcuTek dealers in the country and weā€™re very responsive. Would love to assist you if Iā€™m able.

[email protected]
Sponsored