N800MRG

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0L Pro
Hi All,

Back in April I bit the bullet, unlocked my ECU and flashed my car with MHD, after previously running a JB4 for 18 months. Since flashing I’ve had an issue with the throttle being jerky when accelerating. I have no issues at WOT. I have attached a log below if anyone wants to check it out, but basically when accelerating smoothly, everything is fine up until roughly 60-70% pedal position and then the boost target spikes and the throttle opens fully. From what I can see this then causes overboost and the throttle closes, causing the quick power surge then power loss I’m feeling behind the wheel.

I am currently in the process of having the car custom tuned to try and smooth out the drivability, I have let the tuner know of the issue, but it is still present in all of the first 5 revisions I have had so far. The log below is from my latest revision.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced something similar? I’m unsure at the moment whether it is software or hardware related, no codes stored and apart from this issue the car runs fine. I’m confident my tuner will eventually get to the bottom of it, just curious if anyone has any insight…

https://datazap.me/u/n800mrg/jerky-throttle

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
N800MRG

N800MRG

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0L Pro
This can absolutely be fixed with a tune. That's definitely not hardware.
Great, thanks for confirming Justin. I thought so as the issue isn't present if I flash Stage 0. It's just strange that I get it on the OTS maps as well as the Custom files I'm receiving...

I'll keep working with my tuner to iron it out!
Sponsored