Mirror cap replacement problem

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
So of course this can only happen to me. While changing the factory mirror caps to some red launch edition ones I somehow managed to do something to the driver side one. After putting everything back together the mirror won't adjust. I can hear the motor working but nothing moves. I took the mirror back off but i'm not 100% sure what i'm looking for. Basically nothing is moving when I adjust the side view mirror button. Passenger one worked out just fine. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

adawine

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra
If it’s not adjusting, but you hear the motor working, check the connection between the wire and the physical mirror. Make sure it’s completely seated.

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
i'll take a look at that. But i'm not able to move it in any direction even manually. It's locked up somehow. Will check and report back. Thanks.

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Fixed the issue.

I guess I got the pry tool a bit too far in and pulled that part in the photo. Lifted the tabs gently and guided it back into place. Aligned it back and voila. Good as new. Pheeefff

20230108_154248.jpg

JST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 Subaru LGT, '21 CX-5 Sig, '22 Supra 3.0
Looks good!

What is the grate on your garage floor? Ventilation for your dungeon?

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
It's a drain. Hate it but it needs to be there. Floor needs some modding too, lol

Reactions: JST

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
It's a drain. Hate it but it needs to be there. Floor needs some modding too, lol
Hate it?!? Hell, I would love a drain in my garage floor! I could then wash in the garage instead of the driveway.

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Just pull it off gently but firmly. And make sure not to grab from the ripped out section. Then use a tool to flip the sides up and guide it back.