zillest

zillest

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Sounds like you're doing all the right things, IMO. I was in your shoes at that age. I got involved in IT doing cyber security work during the middle of the dot com bubble in the mid 90's. I was making good money and living at home at the time (17yo-ish). I'd say the only (boring) advice I have is if you can put money into a tax-deferred retirement account (like a 401K), put at least something in there and certainly the max of any matching dollars the company provides. That 18-25yo range for retirement savings is just bonkers when you look at how that money grows when reaching retirement age. I did it, and I'm glad I did, even though it gave me less cash on hand to "live my life" with - it paid dividends. Literally and figuratively - bah dum!
Thank you sir! I am putting $500 a month right now in my retirement. Do you mind if I text/call you to talk more? I am curious. Thanks again!!
Sponsored

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Thank you sir! I am putting $500 a month right now in my retirement. Do you mind if I text/call you to talk more? I am curious. Thanks again!!
You're not going to try and sell me a timeshare in FL, are you?

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I agree to travel before deciding. That being said, if you like Florida, go. Not much can compare to living in a place you like.
There's a reason I put up with so much to stay in CA. Yes, other places are cheaper.... But then I'd have to live there instead of here. 😂
Sponsored