MyT app and multimedia

KO1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Good morning everyone, brand new member and new Supra owner. I took delivery of my Jarama RTE on Monday and its fair to say that I absolutely love it! It's a car that really makes me smile just by looking at it and anyone that's got a Supra on order shouldn't be disappointed. It's a great car. However.......I'm really struggling to connect the MyT app to my car as it doesn't recognise the multimedia so I was just wondering how other owners have fixed this or if its just something that can't be done because it's a BMW multimedia. I apologise if this has been asked before but I couldn't see it mentioned anywhere. Any help appreciated!
Sponsored

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Congrats with the car! Normally I should pick up mine in Germany, coming week. Can't wait :)

Looking at the official Toyota site for my region it states it is only available on selected models. So it could be that it is excluded?

Maybe Supra Connect is the app you're looking for.
https://www.toyota-supraconnect.com/country-region-select/country-region-selection.html

On a side note; Can you verify for me if you have (fullscreen) Android Auto in your car (as advertised) & that you already have received your carbon emblems stating the limited Jarama production?
According to my dealer the emblems haven't arrived up till this date.

Kev12

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Jarama
Iā€™ve got the My Toyota app and the Supra Connect. As Iā€™m still waiting for my JRE to arrive at my dealer the supra app wonā€™t work. My Toyota seems to be working, it tells me my car is in transit and by the look of the map, stuck in Hull. Congratulations on the car btw, can you upload pictures?

OP
OP

KO1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Congrats with the car! Normally I should pick up mine in Germany, coming week. Can't wait :)

Looking at the official Toyota site for my region it states it is only available on selected models. So it could be that it is excluded?

Maybe Supra Connect is the app you're looking for.
https://www.toyota-supraconnect.com/country-region-select/country-region-selection.html

On a side note; Can you verify for me if you have (fullscreen) Android Auto in your car (as advertised) & that you already have received your carbon emblems stating the limited Jarama production?
According to my dealer the emblems haven't arrived up till this date.
Thanks B54, you're a star, I've got it all set up through that website now. Not sure if there is an app in the UK but I've bookmarked the site and it all works.
I have to admit that I've never used android auto before and I'm currently sat in my car playing with the settings and whilst I can connect my phone to the car, I haven't found any options to use android auto. The carbon emblem was already in the car so I didn't have to do anything with that.

Attachments

OP
OP

KO1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Iā€™ve got the My Toyota app and the Supra Connect. As Iā€™m still waiting for my JRE to arrive at my dealer the supra app wonā€™t work. My Toyota seems to be working, it tells me my car is in transit and by the look of the map, stuck in Hull. Congratulations on the car btw, can you upload pictures?
Unfortunately there's no Supra Connect app in the Google play store which probably answers B54s question about android auto. The MyT app worked for tracking my vehicle from the factory but you can't use it to connect the car to your multimedia as it doesn't recognise the one for tge Supra so keep this thread and use the link B54 posted. I think there is a Supra Connect app in the apple store so if you use apple then you should be fine, otherwise just save the website to your homepage. Not ideal but it works.
BTW, the colour is even better in the flesh!

Attachments

Kev12

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Jarama
Thanks B54, you're a star, I've got it all set up through that website now. Not sure if there is an app in the UK but I've bookmarked the site and it all works.
I have to admit that I've never used android auto before and I'm currently sat in my car playing with the settings and whilst I can connect my phone to the car, I haven't found any options to use android auto. The carbon emblem was already in the car so I didn't have to do anything with that.
Number 1 of 90?

OP
OP

KO1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Number 1 of 90?
I think they might all say that but considering there's only 30 coming to the UK it's going to be quite a rare beast!

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Unfortunately there's no Supra Connect app in the Google play store which probably answers B54s question about android auto. The MyT app worked for tracking my vehicle from the factory but you can't use it to connect the car to your multimedia as it doesn't recognise the one for tge Supra so keep this thread and use the link B54 posted. I think there is a Supra Connect app in the apple store so if you use apple then you should be fine, otherwise just save the website to your homepage. Not ideal but it works.
BTW, the colour is even better in the flesh!
The official website, somewhere, sadly states in an FAQ that for Android users bookmarking is indeed the only option. Or just pin the bookmark to your Android launcher which is what I did.

I think they might all say that but considering there's only 30 coming to the UK it's going to be quite a rare beast!
All I've seen have 1/90 on their emblems. So there is no way of being sure what number you are unless we can all work together on this forum. :cool:

OP
OP

KO1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I'm sure some people may know this already but Toyota Supra Connect is now available on Android in the Google play store. I've downloaded it but I think there's a few steps you need to follow on your multimedia to get it talking properly to the app. Hopefully it should all work.

Reactions: B54

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm sure some people may know this already but Toyota Supra Connect is now available on Android in the Google play store. I've downloaded it but I think there's a few steps you need to follow on your multimedia to get it talking properly to the app. Hopefully it should all work.
For me it fully works. I had to go to the mobile devices in my infotainment and the app did recognize it after that. :)
Sponsored

Reactions: KO1