Hakiro09

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 500
Hi All,

I'll soon will be moving to Scotland (Glasgow) from London.

Are winter tyres a must? I do use my car as a daily for work commute.

If so any recommendation for winter tyre?

Any other tips, let me know.

Thanks
Sponsored

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
In winter yes if you're commuting with it, but for the rest of the year a good all season should do.

Try searching "winter", "winter tyres", "snow tyres", I checked and there's lots of existing threads you may find the answers in right away šŸ¤˜

Anyhow, good luck with the move, you familiar with the accent up there?

Funny enough, I'll be up there this week for work, more or less in the area.

cowboyjon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8
It's Scotland, not the Antarctic, no matter how much we complain šŸ¤£

You'll be just dandy with premium tyres in all conditions except snow.

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I live in British Columbia, drive my car year-round, and definitely noticed a massive improvement in traction on both ends when I went to Advan Sport A/S+ tires.

I donā€™t drive it in the snow, but temps from now until spring might be below freezing, especially in the morning, and thereā€™s SO much standing water on the Sea to Sky highway, heavy rain. Lots of the smaller roads are tight and rough, and gravel strewn across them isnā€™t uncommon. Itā€™s probably similar to what you see.

Upsides to those Advans: way more traction on both ends when itā€™s wet, cold, and shitty. Way fewer hydroplaning moments. Provide enough confidence to still have fun when itā€™s super sketchy.

Downsides: theyā€™re really loud, no matter what you read elsewhere. Noticeably louder than stock, or sticky track tires, etc. I went 18ā€ for the sidewall but theyā€™re obviously still much less forgiving than other tires.

I thought Iā€™d run the Advans for 6 - 8 months and put on something else when itā€™s nice out but thatā€™s a waste of time. I use this year-round and will buy again.
Sponsored