Need help from parents with booster seat…

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I’m a single father to a soon to be four year old. I’ve never been a practical person for my daily cars. Lol. Much to my mothers annoyance. Even at my age at 39.

Thankfully with the current daily, a cammed Camaro SS, and being around other cars… he’s learned some car manners. Another reason I want his current booster to also have a harness as a precaution.

Diono or the Sparco seat are high on my list of choices for dimensions and safety for my boy. But, I’m a terrible shopper. The wife would do those things. lol.
Well at least I am not alone in the mid 30s single father club! Haha. My kid started off riding in my 06 Evo which while it was a practical car, was not a practical car thanks to how modded it was. Then that turned into an even less practical 2 door 4 seat car (like your Camaro). Then after I got sick of having to throw him in the back through the front door, I got me a nice small 4 door suv. So much easier and helps keep miles off the Supra. Now when I take him for a ride in it, its like a treat for him and he loves it even more.

I have been using Evenflo for the car seats since they seem to fit the best. Going to get a sparco booster next though!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0
I've taken my 3 year old a few times in their Britax Boulevard car seat. From what I gather, it is fine as long as the passenger airbag is off (I ensure the warning light is activated on the headliner). He's good with the buttons, less so with kicking the dash (no problem, shoes come off).

I'm not able to find the Isofix points on my Canadian model (might be a European requirement?), so I use the seatbelt and rear tether. Can any NA drivers confirm if their passenger seat has these?

Been casually looking for a booster seat now. The Sparco and Recaro ones seem quality and low profile.
I know the US models have ISOFIX, or have been told. Lol

I did research on the Recaro seat and unfortunately seems to be too much headache to deal with and ridiculous how much effort must be taken to adjust

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0
Well at least I am not alone in the mid 30s single father club! Haha. My kid started off riding in my 06 Evo which while it was a practical car, was not a practical car thanks to how modded it was. Then that turned into an even less practical 2 door 4 seat car (like your Camaro). Then after I got sick of having to throw him in the back through the front door, I got me a nice small 4 door suv. So much easier and helps keep miles off the Supra. Now when I take him for a ride in it, its like a treat for him and he loves it even more.

I have been using Evenflo for the car seats since they seem to fit the best. Going to get a sparco booster next though!
Which Evenflo are you using if don’t mind me asking?

It’s incredibly frustrating because when I google the Sparco seats, only two options come up for me. And ML Performance seems to have the best choice, but shipping is ridiculous lol.

Let me know if you found a better place to buy before I succumb to them lol.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Which Evenflo are you using if don’t mind me asking?

It’s incredibly frustrating because when I google the Sparco seats, only two options come up for me. And ML Performance seems to have the best choice, but shipping is ridiculous lol.

Let me know if you found a better place to buy before I succumb to them lol.
I will have to see what model it is when I get home. I got a it few years ago so dont remember.

I am actually a Sparco distributor so I am going to order one through myself when its time haha. Looks like all the car seats are special order so shipping probably wont be cheap for me either.

3rdGearEvo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 2003 Evo VIII
My 2020 does not have isofix, nor does it have latch. It does have a rear anchor tether behind the seat which I find to be useless. My sons are 3 and 5 and I use the booster seat in the photo for both of them along with the regular seatbelt. The booster seat does not activate passenger airbag
IMG_4242.jpeg