Need Help Sourcing Part

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
So i picked up a FTP charge pipe from a guy. Just started installing it today but realized the clip thats supposed to be used to hold it in place was missing (or misplaced by me, i picked it up last month)

any help sourcing out the clip itself? For a reasonable price and preferably ASAP? I tried emailing FTP but no reply.

D3DEA6F6-9C38-495C-B691-99BFE96FE8DC.jpeg

1B9C3369-D3DB-4C1D-BF10-B734A99AA775.png
Sponsored

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Its an oem toyota part. Go to one of the online toyota parts websites like olathe or conicelli and search for the intake components and you will find it

OP
OP
wolf_kyle

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ive tried.. I honestly thought it was going to use the oem clip but when I tried it on it didnt seem right and nothing was clicking in place, it was still loose. I also tried part 21 because it seem to look more like it but it was too big. I think i saw one in amazon but it was priced like $36 for just the clip.

really appreciate the help though.

Attachments

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
That looks like you are trying to use the clip from the intake and not from the charge pipe. Are you sure you carried over the clip from the oem charge pipe? Or maybe it is backward? Ftp is saying to carry over the oem, they do not ship one. It is loose when it is connected to the car- I ultimately removed the pipe and went back to stock.

OP
OP
wolf_kyle

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That looks like you are trying to use the clip from the intake and not from the charge pipe. Are you sure you carried over the clip from the oem charge pipe? Or maybe it is backward? Ftp is saying to carry over the oem, they do not ship one. It is loose when it is connected to the car- I ultimately removed the pipe and went back to stock.
sorry for a bit confusing. i did try the one from the OEM charge pipe. and it didnt fit.
Heres the comparison for the OEM and the FTP clip. I think FTP meant to carry over the OEM O ring for the throttle side of the charge pipe, not the C clip.

I did try the C clip of the Intake to see if it will fit but its too big.

Attachments

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Just received an FTP charge pipe and noticed the same issue with the supplied clip not really fitting. I watched a video of Kies Motorsports installing the FTP and it was mentioned to use the OEM clip.

OP
OP
wolf_kyle

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just received an FTP charge pipe and noticed the same issue with the supplied clip not really fitting. I watched a video of Kies Motorsports installing the FTP and it was mentioned to use the OEM clip.

are you sure? mind taking a picture of the c clamp/clip they provided? or the time stamp on the video they said to use the OEM?

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Disregard, I replayed the entire video and mistook a statement as reusing the stock clip. I'm about to email FTP themselves to see what they say.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch

10:10 shows how loose to expect

OP
OP
wolf_kyle

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My problem which I assume is the same is that the clip will not latch onto anything thus the charge pipe will just blow off.
might want to cover up your address ? for your safety purposes..

I just finished wrenching on my car. So i kind of make shifted a clip using the one that came off the intake side. (I ordered another one from toyota, the one that cost $5) and its held in there like what @Natek pointed out on the video on 10:10. It wasnt comming off when i tried to pull it ??‍♂ But cant test it out yet because now im lacking a clip for my intake..

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
For the record i ended up not liking this and reverting back to stock. You will build up oil in it as a result of the blowby. The oil will eventually drip out. The stock pipe does a better job of containing the oil. While it is still there, the stock pipe has texture and some other internals going on i suspect to deal with the oil vapors better to some degree.
Sponsored