New member here, TONS of issues!

CC²

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium
Hey guys, just want to introduce myself here. Name is Cameron, from San Diego CA. I was a MDT & lead tech for Toyota 2010-late 2017, and now work for an engine development/testing company. I recently purchased my Supra. Has ~400 miles now. I have some issues with the car already so I joined to see what others have going on. Taking car into selling dealer tomorrow to start looking into it all...

Passenger side wiper twitching after shut down, when re-fueling the pump shuts off and gauge reads 1 bar low(tank doesn’t fill completely), navigation wasn’t activated by dealer during PDI so I had no nav so far, SupraConnect app has said “confirmation in progress” for two weeks now, so no app features work... I have 2 paint blemishes, and yesterday the check engine light came on with evap codes for vent circuit-which probably ties in with refueling issue...

I realize it’s a new model, but damn, this is ridiculous already . How has your ownership experience been thus far?

D5ABB2F9-4C21-4839-A407-98FE6B95FA7F.jpeg
Sponsored

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
The wiper twitch is normal. There is already a thread on that.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/passenger-windshield-wiper-twitches.3252/page-2#post-66890

My 911 had that gas nozzle issue.

“For difficulty filling with Fuel-States with EVR Phase II Fuel Filling Nozzles (California).

Helps to prevent auto-shutoff of the nozzle while you're at the gas station, commonly happens at EVR Phase II gas stations when you approach 3/4 of a tank during the filling process.

Certain types of EVR Phase II filler nozzles can create an excess vacuum in the filler neck which will cause the nozzle to shut off prematurely and create difficulty in filling the last 1/4 of the tank.

Porsche developed this easy to install part on the top of the filler neck that will prevent this excess vacuum and allow the fuel tank to be filled fully.

Installation is simple. It is just pressed onto the top of the filler neck. There is a ridge built into the ring. Push the ring onto the filler neck until the ridge is located at the end of the filler neck.”

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PK9X7NOZZLE.html

OP
OP
CC²

CC²

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium
I have seen the wiper thread. I don’t believe the behavior of mine is normal, but I guess once a TAS case is made tomorrow on this we will see what they say.
Does that Porsche part fit the Supra filler neck and cap? Thats a cheap/easy fix if so! Thanks for sharing @DesmoSD

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
As far as the Supra connect app. Try to re-register it with another email. It worked for me after that. Mine was saying the same as yours. What paint blemishes are you referring to? I thought white is the lowest maintenance color vs a dark colored car.

OP
OP
CC²

CC²

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium
As far as the Supra connect app. Try to re-register it with another email. It worked for me after that. Mine was saying the same as yours. What paint blemishes are you referring to? I thought white is the lowest maintenance color vs a dark colored car.
I guess I will need to make another email to do this, as I only have one account to use. As far as the paint, on drivers side front fender just behind wheel there is some kind of residue on the paint, almost like if you peel off duct tape and it leaves junk behind. Except this stuff has gotten hard probably from sitting in the sun. Also, a spot on rear edge of hood passenger side where paint has a nick in it, and looks like someone took tweezers and started to peel it. Definitely not a rock chip due to location and the flap of paint lifted off. Hoping it can just be touched up and spot on front fender can be buffed out...

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
I have seen the wiper thread. I don’t believe the behavior of mine is normal, but I guess once a TAS case is made tomorrow on this we will see what they say.
Does that Porsche part fit the Supra filler neck and cap? Thats a cheap/easy fix if so! Thanks for sharing @DesmoSD
I’m not sure but it’s only 10 bucks. If it doesn’t fit your car, I’ll buy it from you.

TreyE

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
I guess I will need to make another email to do this, as I only have one account to use. As far as the paint, on drivers side front fender just behind wheel there is some kind of residue on the paint, almost like if you peel off duct tape and it leaves junk behind. Except this stuff has gotten hard probably from sitting in the sun. Also, a spot on rear edge of hood passenger side where paint has a nick in it, and looks like someone took tweezers and started to peel it. Definitely not a rock chip due to location and the flap of paint lifted off. Hoping it can just be touched up and spot on front fender can be buffed out...
Call the help line and open a ticket with connect app, it happens all the time - they resolved my issues completely within a week and their follow up was amazing customer service wise. Called exactly when he said he would and followed up until problem was resolved and I confirmed for him to close the ticket. (It's BMW servicing it)

That may be glue residue from the covering on the car when it arrives, happens to our BMWs all the time it can be taken off with rubbing alcohol most likely or just have dealership do it. Call the dealership you bought it from, they obviously did a horrible job preparing the vehicle for you. Sometimes PDI forgets to do nav but VERY RARELY. It should take them 5-10 minutes to get nav working, you could probably swing by and have them do it it's that quick. Then again I work at a BMW dealership not a Toyota so not sure how customer service is comparable. Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
CC²

CC²

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium
An update on things so far... On a Saturday took vehicle into dealer. Nav was activated. Was told to delete supraconnect app and reinstall, still has same issue. Apparently a known issue that they are working on. I have requested to delete my account completely so I can try again from step 1. Will see how it goes. TAS says wiper twitch is normal for now, I think they need to see how widespread this issue is before they release a fix.

As far as fueling issue, this is where it gets good. Dealer found raw fuel in charcoal canister, and without doing any more inspections on how this occurs they attempted to void my warranty and upsell me a new canister. They said I must be squeezing more fuel in after pump shuts off and therefore I have caused this. Since they hadn’t even completed their diagnosis, I took the vehicle and told them that I want to speak with DSPM on Monday. I drove the vehicle and upon coming into my garage I found raw fuel dripping out onto my garage floor. Not cool, and extremely unsafe. (See pic). So I called first thing Monday morning and told them I no longer feel safe driving the vehicle with a fuel leak. Now, instead of trying to sell me a canister, they suddenly changed their attitude and immediately went to replacing the wole system under warranty. Fuel tank, canister, and purge valve up on intake. Hopefully filler neck as well, I haven’t seen a parts list yet. Sounds like they don’t know the cause, so they are just throwing everything at it. Anyhow, dealer tried to screw me in the beginning until I called them out for incomplete diagnosis and a safety issue(not to mention non conformity to emissions). Dealers want to play hardball, so have your info and documentation in order if you plan to work with them on issues...

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yikes. I wonder how liquid fuel is getting into the charcoal canister without overfilling/topping off? That's a pretty serious issue.

OP
OP
CC²

CC²

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium
Without access to technical documents or having personally looked at this system, I assume that there is some sort of check valve or another type of valve in line between the tank/canister that is staying open when it should be closed. This would allow fuel flow into the canister. The other pathway would be if fuel backs up in the filler neck and goes down the vent line into the canister. That pressure however would normally kick the pump off before it happens. Not sure exactly how its happening, and I think the dealer also isnt sure which is why they are replacing everything at this point.

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
We’ve already stared on numerous threads across the board that registering with a new email is the fix. It’s unfortunate, but if you want the app to work without waiting for BMW this is your only option.

As far as the paint blemishes go..... I promise there are a LOT more than you (and the normal eye) can see. I’ve been refinishing professionally for 10+ years now, and the supra has an AWFUL finish. From see through base to etched in marks.....AWFUL. This isn’t something Toyota is going to do anything about, and I surely wouldn’t trust a dealer to “fix” it.
Sponsored